Inconsistencies in multi-player mode RRS feed

• Question

•  

I’ve been programming SimConnect for more than a year and I feel very comfortable with it. However, there are still a few inconsistencies that are puzzling. Here are two of them:

Requesting COM2 ("Com Active Frequency:2" in SimConnect_AddToDataDefinition) works fine when FSX is started in single player mode. However it returns the default COM2 127.80 when it’s started in multiplayer mode. COM1 works fine in both modes.

Another inconsistency is the 'on the ground' flag ("Sim On Ground"). In multi-player mode sometimes I get the correct value sometimes I don’t. Sometimes I get a ‘true’ value for the flag even though the aircraft is flying thousands of feet above ground. It has nothing to do with the airport; some aircraft return the correct values for a given airport, some don’t.

Has anyone experienced these problems?

Thanks,

Bill

Thursday, October 2, 2008 7:27 PM

All replies

• microvisual said:

I’ve been programming SimConnect for more than a year and I feel very comfortable with it. However, there are still a few inconsistencies that are puzzling. Here are two of them:

Requesting COM2 ("Com Active Frequency:2" in SimConnect_AddToDataDefinition) works fine when FSX is started in single player mode. However it returns the default COM2 127.80 when it’s started in multiplayer mode. COM1 works fine in both modes.

Another inconsistency is the 'on the ground' flag ("Sim On Ground"). In multi-player mode sometimes I get the correct value sometimes I don’t. Sometimes I get a ‘true’ value for the flag even though the aircraft is flying thousands of feet above ground. It has nothing to do with the airport; some aircraft return the correct values for a given airport, some don’t.

Has anyone experienced these problems?

Thanks,

Bill

Yes,  in MP,  getting  INDEXED  values does seem to not work.   Via Simconnect,  you cannot seem to get  the COM:2  freq of MP  aircraft.

The explanation I got was that the indexing was a new feature, and was not supported  in the old ItrafficInfo.   However I was told that using  the direct name,  ie  COM2,    should work.

Since it does not, I assume that COM2  is not being passed  over MP.
    You might be able to confirm this by MP packet inspection. ?

Also,  yes,   I have also found the "Sim On Ground" to be unreliable.

I am hoping that these  MP isssues  will be address  for  ESP 2.0   and  FX11 .
    Simconnect for MP is  "minimal"

Geoff_D

Thursday, October 2, 2008 10:11 PM