none
Pre-login handshake failed or the server in Visual studio 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am suffering with the problem "pre-login handshake failed or the server" in vs 2012. When i tried to run my application i get this error. I tried many ways to solve this problem. But i can't. Please help me...

These type of issue getting Randomly in my PC.

Error Details :-

Error Connecting to the server Connection Timeout Expired.  
    The timeout period elapsed while attempting to consume the pre-login handshake acknowledgement.  
    This could be because the pre-login handshake failed or the server was unable to respond back in time.  
    The duration spent while attempting to connect to this server was - [Pre-Login] initialization=15015; handshake=1; 

PC Details:

Windows 10 with SSD drive, 64 Bit OS .

Using SQL server 2014 and VS 2012 and VS 2015 . The below images shows my Frame Work Details.

Also Please verify my Account

• Edited by PrabakaranG Thursday, January 5, 2017 7:26 AM
    Thursday, January 5, 2017 7:12 AM

All replies

• Apparently some connection attempts ended up using IPv4 and others used IPv6.Enabling TCP/IP for both IPV4 and IPV6 in SQL Server Configuration manager fixed the issue. How to enable please refer to

To enable TCP/IP for additional IP addresses:

• Start Sql Server Configuration Manager
    • Open the node SQL Server Network Configuration
    • Left-click Protocols for MYSQLINSTANCE
    • In the right-hand pane, right-click TCP/IP
    • Click Properties
    • Select the IP Addresses tab
    • For each listed IP address, ensure Active and Enabled are both Yes.

Best regards,

Kristin

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 6, 2017 1:52 AM
  • Hi Kristin,

I already try this method. But this does not solve the issue. There is no Problem in the SQL Management studio is working well.

The problem is Visual Studio 2012 or some thing.... Also the mention Error is Occur Randomly.

Please let me know your comme

Friday, January 6, 2017 5:01 AM
  • Hi PrabakaranG,

>>Using SQL server 2014 and VS 2012 and VS 2015 . The below images shows my Frame Work Details.

>>The problem is Visual Studio 2012 or some thing.... Also the mention Error is Occur Randomly

DO you mean this issue only happens on VS2012?

For VS2015, It works fine. Am I right?

Best regards,

Kristin

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 6, 2017 6:43 AM
  • Hi Kristin,

Thanks for your kind Replay...

No, Sorry your point is wrong.

Most of the time i using VS2012 . So only i mention it Specific.

I am facing the issue in VS2015 also...

I can't able to attach the image for your reference. Can you please verify my account.

Please let me know your comments

• Edited by PrabakaranG Friday, January 6, 2017 7:09 AM
    Friday, January 6, 2017 7:05 AM
  • Hi PrabakaranG,

Here is the link about how to verify your account

How to Verify Your MSDN/TechNet Forums Account So that You Can Post Images and
    Links

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/23148b73-9258-42a7-9d38-ad2e910d18a4/verify-your-account-37?forum=reportabug

This forum is discussing and ask questions about .NET Framework Base Classes (BCL) such as Collections, I/O, Registry, Globalization, Reflection. Based on your description, your case more related to Sql Server, I would suggest you repost this issue in SQL Server  > SQL Server Database Engine  forum for better support.

Best regards,

Kristin

MSDN Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Kristin Xie Tuesday, January 10, 2017 2:10 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Kristin Xie Tuesday, January 10, 2017 6:32 AM
    Monday, January 9, 2017 9:25 AM
  • Hi Kristin,

I Attached the Error image , Also i create a new thread in   SQL Server Database Engine for  Support.

I am suffering with the problem "pre-login handshake failed or the server" in visual studio. When i tried to run my application i get this error. I tried many ways to solve this problem. But i can't. Please help me...

The SQL is Working Fine... Problem only facing in all Visual Studio...

These type of issue getting Randomly in my PC.

Error Details :-

Error Connecting to the server Connection Timeout Expired.  
    The timeout period elapsed while attempting to consume the pre-login handshake acknowledgement.  
    This could be because the pre-login handshake failed or the server was unable to respond back in time.  
    The duration spent while attempting to connect to this server was - [Pre-Login] initialization=15015; handshake=1; 

PC Details:

Windows 10 with SSD drive, 64 Bit OS .

Using SQL server 2014 and VS 2012 and VS 2015 . The below images shows my Error Details.

Pre-Handshake Login

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 5:06 AM
  •  Hi PrabakaranG,

>>I Attached the Error image , Also i create a new thread in   SQL Server Database Engine for  Support.

Actually, I am not a Sql Server Expert. And this issue is not related to Code.But I will try my best to help you.

Now focus on this issue, We can from the following points to do

1. Firewall configuration
    2. MSSQL network configuration
    3. Telnet connection.

I wonder of it's the firewall settings on server. Make sure TCP port is open for incoming traffic.

I also searched more. Someone said he just disables the virtual machine's NIC. Please also have a try.

MSDN Community Support

• Edited by Kristin Xie Tuesday, January 10, 2017 6:53 AM
    Tuesday, January 10, 2017 6:52 AM
  • Hi

This Solution in Not Helpful For me... Still getting the Error.

My think is Problem in .Net Frame work.

Pre-Handshake Login

Thursday, January 19, 2017 6:41 AM
  • Hi PrabakaranG,

Have you tried this?

>>My think is Problem in .Net Frame work.

Which kind of .net framework you use? Are you sure your developing environment is correct? Do you have any updates or workaround until now?

Have a nice day!

Kristin

MSDN Community Support

Thursday, January 19, 2017 9:36 AM
  • Hi Kristin,

My Case is Randomly Connecting. When i run the Application 10 times means  , The Error Occur 8 times.

2 Times Application run Successfully. 

Now i am Using the Solution to Run the application when Error occur.

1) Stop the Run.

2) Clean the Solution (or) Close the VS

3) Rebuild the Solution (or) Open the VS.

4) And Run the Application. 

Its Working now . But i need Permanent Solution for this.

Also i attached Frame work details of my System. Refer the Image

Please let me know your comments.

Pre-Handshake Login

Friday, January 20, 2017 5:04 AM