Deploying Xamarin forms app to IOS physical device from Visual studio RRS feed

• Question

• User332085 posted

Hi,

I have obtained the required provisioning profile and enterprise certificate from my organisation for the bundle id and App ID which I specified while placing the request for the same. I want to know with this is there a way to connect by iphone directly to Windows machine and deploy the xamarin forms app directly from windows machine using Visual studio . If yes, pls do let me know the exact configuration I need to do for the IOS project in my solution.

If it is not possible, what are the steps to deploy the app on device. Do I have to use a Mac book only to deploy the app to physical device? Need to know the exact steps.

Thursday, June 22, 2017 12:57 AM

Answers

• User191123 posted

It is possible to deploy directly from windows to your iPhone. But you still need a mac and connect to it via Xamarin Mac Agent to compile your code.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, June 22, 2017 12:27 PM

All replies

• User191123 posted

It is possible to deploy directly from windows to your iPhone. But you still need a mac and connect to it via Xamarin Mac Agent to compile your code.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, June 22, 2017 12:27 PM
  • User332085 posted

Hi,

I was able to run the app in simulator by using xamarin Mac agent. I have the provisioning profile and signing certificate. On Mac we generally double click and install these two so that during build in xcode, we can choose the provisioning profile and deploy to physical device. How can we do this on Windows machine. I double clicked and installed the certificate but double clicking on provisioning profile asks me to choose an app that can open this. How can I proceed to deploy on physical device directly from windows machine using provisioning profile and the physical certificate.

Monday, June 26, 2017 11:25 PM