none
MIO Output results RRS feed

• Question

• We have signed up for a paid tier for Bing Maps.  We are using the Multi-Itinerary Route Optimization for 4 agents across 4 days with 10 hour shifts.  I have ranked a few hundred locations as 1 through 99 priority.  For some reason, the engine has unscheduled items with a ranking for 1 through 30.  Why would items from 31 to 70 get selected?  How do we place more weighting on the rankings?
    Monday, May 4, 2020 6:26 PM

All replies

• Hi JThomas,

It sounds like you may have not enough time for drivers to reach all locations in the time given.  As you are an enterprise customer, you can open a support case with the Bing Enterprise Support team to review your exact calling parameters with you if you wish.  You can find that at Microsoft.com/maps/Support and then choose Enterprise Customer Support and provide the details about your issue.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Monday, May 4, 2020 8:28 PM
    Owner
  • I may not have been logged on to my enterprise account.  I did put a ticket in there on my gmail account.  I was directed back here once I logged in.  I will try and upgrade the account to a support plan for 1:1 technical support.
    Monday, May 4, 2020 9:00 PM
  • Hi JThomas,

You should not have to be logged in anywhere to access Microsoft.com/maps/Support.

Note also that you have 4 agents for 4 days but hundreds of stops.  1-30 are likely getting left off as lowest priority as your drivers do not have enough time to complete all sites in the time allotted.  As 1 is the lowest priority and 99 is the highest, those 1-30 weighted sites are not able to fit in the schedule.  Try changing to 5 days and I expect the numbers will drop. 

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Monday, May 4, 2020 9:16 PM
    Owner
  • Ok that is the answer, I had the priority wrong.  Thank you for that!
    Monday, May 4, 2020 10:21 PM
  • Hi JThomas,

Excellent news! Many thanks for following up in the forums. The Support Team has also let me know that you were able to create a case with them as well. 

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Tuesday, May 5, 2020 5:33 PM
    Owner