Don't Display dbo. in Object Explorer RRS feed

• Question

• User-233570146 posted

Is there a way to stop SQL Server Management Studio (2005) from showing "dbo." on everything in the object explorer.

I'd love to turn that off on a database I'm working on as, for example, if you have to find tblMember, you'd have to type d-b-o-.-t-b-l-m before you can actually start jumping to the table you're interested in - whereas in Enterprise Manager (2000) you'd only have to type t-b-l-m if you get my meaning.

Monday, June 4, 2007 5:22 AM

Answers

• User-983793920 posted

Hi there,

There no such option as to hide the owner of the datatable. Actually this is good because the owner is a very strong security feature SQL Server provides. You may want to have in mind who is the owner especially if you are going to host your application in a shared environment where all tables will be owned by your Sql user (which will definitely not be sa).
    Sorry for bringing the bad news,
    Cheers,

Andreas Botsikas

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Saturday, June 16, 2007 8:46 AM

All replies

• User-983793920 posted

Hi there,

There no such option as to hide the owner of the datatable. Actually this is good because the owner is a very strong security feature SQL Server provides. You may want to have in mind who is the owner especially if you are going to host your application in a shared environment where all tables will be owned by your Sql user (which will definitely not be sa).
    Sorry for bringing the bad news,
    Cheers,

Andreas Botsikas

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Saturday, June 16, 2007 8:46 AM
  • User-325206561 posted
    You can navigate through the Summary tab (F7).  This has Name and Schema in separate columns, so you can start typing the object name to move to it in the list.  Like Enterprise Manager in detail view.
    Thursday, August 14, 2008 7:24 AM