none
Windows Embedded Developer Update RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I want to update my DS with Windows Embedded Developer Update but i get an error

"There was an error  communicating with the server please try again later..."

2 options here, "Retry" and Exit" 

Any idees?

Monday, September 21, 2015 1:23 PM

All replies

• Does your system have a direct connection to the Internet? Or are you going through a company network?

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide SIM (WEI), Pro Guide to WE8S & WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Monday, September 21, 2015 2:42 PM
  • Does your system have a direct connection to the Internet? Or are you going through a company network?

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide SIM (WEI), Pro Guide to WE8S & WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Hello Sean,

I have exactly the same problem since 2 weeks now.
    I'm using "Windows Embedded Developer Update 1.2" for WES7.

Diving into the wedu.log show me that there was no endpoint listening at http://wedusvc.microsoft.com/service.svc

And when testing nslookup wedusvc.microsoft.com, all I got is Non-existent domain.
    I tested the resolve with multiple DNS provider, no luck.

Can you look into your C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Embedded Developer Update 1.2\Toolset\Embedded Tools\wedu.log file and find the IP of "wedusvc.microsoft.com" ?

Can you also try the cmd "nslookup wedusvc.microsoft.com" and tell me if it's working ?

RCK

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 9:18 AM
  • Does anyone has news on this? For me the server is still down.
    Friday, October 23, 2015 12:15 PM
  • Something appears to be in the works. If you only have WES7 (WES8 not installed), uninstall WEDU and then re-download and re-install WEDU 1.2 - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=23004

• Proposed as answer by Taylor Monacelli Friday, October 23, 2015 5:20 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Taylor Monacelli Friday, October 23, 2015 5:20 PM
    • Proposed as answer by LarsNeimann Monday, February 22, 2016 11:53 AM
    Friday, October 23, 2015 4:40 PM
  • this 23004 link is not the same as the other link searched in google with WEDU 1.2, this file works. just my IE9 can't download it, so i have to use my Safari to download.

i previously downloaded the other wedu 1.2 in a google search (also microsoft download site)on Sep4, 2015, and it worked till about 2 weeks ago. now this new 23004 link seems good so far.

Monday, October 26, 2015 6:03 PM