none
Create MVC/Web Azure Project Fails

Question

• Hi

I am having an issue with my VS 2015 project generation .Whenever I generate a new project for a web or MVC application it throws an error during the final stages of generating the solution :

Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'EnvDTE.Project'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{866311E6-C887-4143-9833-645F5B93F6F1}' failed due to the following error: Library not registered. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8002801D (TYPE_E_LIBNOTREGISTERED)).

The created project is then missing the majority of the System.web.helper /MVC/Razor/Webpages/WebPagesdeployment /Webgrease and Antlr3.runtime references . 

Steps taken without resolving :

Repaired Visual Studio 2015 installation 

Reinstalled all frameworks /repaired all frameworks when prompted

Registered dte80.olb /dte90.olb files .

Would appreciate if someone can point me in a direction to resolve preferably not involving the removal and reinstallation of the entire VS or OS.

Regards

Roger

RogerFraser

Wednesday, December 21, 2016 8:53 AM

All replies

• Hi Roger,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Did you meet this issue recently or after the VS installation? If it just happens recently, you can have a look at the windows update install any pending patches or VS install updates or extension, then try to remove them and check this issue again. Or try to run the VS with safe mode, open an administrative CMD window and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\IDE and run these commands: devenv.exe /safemode, it can help us to excludes the installed extensions effect this issue.

Refer to the error message, I found a similar error and please have a test with the following: (Backup the registry table before you make any modification)

Victor: To fix them, open the regedit and find for the CLSID from the error.

You will find something like that for the second error:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{00020970-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} (for your issue, the id should be ‘{866311E6-C887-4143-9833-645F5B93F6F1}’)

With the subkeys:

• ProxyStubClsid
    • ProxyStubClsid32
    • TypeLib

Look at the (Default) and Version values inside of TypeLib.

Now find the node below, using the (Default) value as <TypeLib ID>.

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\ <TypeLib ID> \

As child of this elements you will find more than one element, one of them is the Version of the first registry. If you inspect the other elements, you will find that they point to nothing. Remove the others!!! It's solved!

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 22, 2016 7:25 AM