none
"The 'ConnectedStringPackage' Did Not Load Correctly" Error VSCommunity 2015

Question

• Every time I launch visual studio and start creating a new project, this error message comes out. It says:

"The 'ConnectedStringPackage' Did Not Load Correctly.

The problem may have been caused by a configuration change or by the installation of another extension. You can get more information by examining the file 'C:\Users\MyUserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0\ActivityLog.xml'. 

Restarting Visual Studio Could Resolve This Issue.

Continue to show this error message?"

and a Yes/No button.

I don't know what's wrong but something's obviously off. It's a fresh VSCommunity Install. I tried looking at the said .xml file but I can't understand anything. I just noticed that there are a lot of "string load failed. Pkg:{blahblahblah}" all around. I tried googling and i was directed to this site. hope you can help me fix this. Thanks. 

(I tried Inserting Screen caps but the site won't let me.)

Friday, May 27, 2016 1:43 AM

Answers

• Hi gheILan,

>>"The 'ConnectedStringPackage' Did Not Load Correctly.

The problem may have been caused by a configuration change or by the installation of another extension. You can get more information by examining the file 'C:\Users\MyUserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0\ActivityLog.xml'. 

Whether all projects have the same issue when you create them? Based on the error messages, it seems that it was related to extension tool in your side.

If you run your VS in safe mode, how about the result?

Devenv.exe /SafeMode

Generally we could know that whether it is related to the add-ins or extension tools in our VS IDE using this command line.

If it works well in safe mode, you would think about that whether you installed other extension tools except the default VS IDE in your side, you could remove or disable the extension tools, and then check it again.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 9:41 AM

All replies

• Hi gheILan,

Move to Visual Studio forum for a better support, thanks for your understanding :)

Best Regards,

Xavier Eoro

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Monday, May 30, 2016 2:51 AM
  • Hi gheILan,

>>"The 'ConnectedStringPackage' Did Not Load Correctly.

Whether all projects have the same issue when you create them? Based on the error messages, it seems that it was related to extension tool in your side.

If you run your VS in safe mode, how about the result?

Devenv.exe /SafeMode

Generally we could know that whether it is related to the add-ins or extension tools in our VS IDE using this command line.

If it works well in safe mode, you would think about that whether you installed other extension tools except the default VS IDE in your side, you could remove or disable the extension tools, and then check it again.

Best Regards,

Jack

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 9:41 AM