Disaster Recovery process for Azure Storage Account RRS feed

• Question

• Need help on the process of Disaster Recovery of Storage Account. Need deep understanding of below scenarios:

1) How to simulate the failover scenarios for storage account. What I mean to say is I want to test the failover scenarios, need clarification on the ways I can do it.

2) How to get the IP of secondary storage account so I can restrict that IP from event hub as well.

Monday, August 5, 2019 5:28 AM

All replies

• Just for clarification have you refereed to this article

Are you trying to executing the fail-over themselves as long as their account is in US West 2 or US West Central(Using Portal, PowerShell or CLI)

1.  It’s not possible simulate failure.  They have enabled GRS or RAGRS options -> they can get data when disaster happens. 

2. Once the failover is complete, they can perform nslookup and they will get the new IP address of the account

Tutorial: Simulate a failure in accessing read-access redundant storage: It should help them identify the IP address of the secondary endpoint

Hope this helps!

Kindly let us know if the above helps or you need further assistance on this issue.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" and Upvote on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Monday, August 5, 2019 4:47 PM
  • Use GRS Option
    Tuesday, August 6, 2019 5:29 AM
  •  @aritras25_22 Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.
    Tuesday, August 6, 2019 9:40 AM
  • @aritras25_22 Is there any update on the issue?

If the suggested answer helped for your issue, do click on "Mark as Answer" and “Vote as Helpful” on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Wednesday, August 7, 2019 5:42 AM
  • @aritras25_22 Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.
    Thursday, August 8, 2019 7:34 AM
  • Have you checked the following link, it is still in preview though.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/common/storage-disaster-recovery-guidance

Wednesday, August 28, 2019 1:06 PM