none
VS 2015: I don't see the reference count. Why not?

Question

• This week I had to have my primary HD replaced. That forced me to re-install everything. Well, I'm in the process of doing that.

We use VS 2015 Enterprise Edition. I've become used to seeing the number of references throughout the code on methods and properties (I think; I don't remember exactly). Also, if I remember correctly it also had the number of different authors of a method and a third item which I can't remember right now.

However, none of that is there when I open up any project that I've worked on with my colleagues. Why is that?

Rod

Thursday, March 09, 2017 10:04 PM

Answers

• Hi Rod,

Find references to your code you'll need:

• Visual Studio Enterprise or Visual Studio Professional
    • Visual C# .NET or Visual Basic .NET code

Please also make sure you’ve turned on the CodeLens, Tools -> Options -> Text Editor -> All Languages -> CodeLens:

Please refer to the document which includes more information about code changes and history with CodeLens:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn269218.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Fletch

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Rod at Work Sunday, March 12, 2017 2:44 PM
    Sunday, March 12, 2017 3:09 AM