EwfMgrGetProtectedVolumeList failed RRS feed

• Question

• Hallo

I have a system on a CF with two Partitions C: and D: .The Windows embedded Standard 7 is on C: . D:is the protected volume.

In an application I call the EwfMgrGetProtectedVolumeList() .It returned with failure, with GetLastError i have the Result 3.

What could be the reason ?

Thanks for help

FRH

• Moved by Robert Breitenhofer Tuesday, November 8, 2011 4:03 PM English instead German (From:Windows 7)
    Tuesday, November 8, 2011 12:58 PM

Answers

• 1. As a check, if you run EWFMGR c:, do you get an error? Does it give you the protected volume list?

2. Why is D protected rather than the OS partition C?

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - Pro Guide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, Pro Guide to POS for .NET
    • Marked as answer by frh_SSE Wednesday, November 9, 2011 9:01 AM
    Tuesday, November 8, 2011 4:59 PM

All replies

• 1. As a check, if you run EWFMGR c:, do you get an error? Does it give you the protected volume list?

2. Why is D protected rather than the OS partition C?

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - Pro Guide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, Pro Guide to POS for .NET
    • Marked as answer by frh_SSE Wednesday, November 9, 2011 9:01 AM
    Tuesday, November 8, 2011 4:59 PM
  • If EWFMGR is showing the protected volume list, then debugging the application calling the EWF API is the next step.

-Sean

Wednesday, November 9, 2011 3:49 PM