none
VS2017 offline installer RRS feed

• Question

• I am having problems installing Visual Studio 2017 Professional from an offline cache on a computer that does not have internet access.  During the installation, it wants to connect to the internet.

I used the following commands to create the cache

vs_Professional.exe --layout  d:\vs2017offline --add Microsoft.VisualStudio.Workload.CoreEditor --add Microsoft.VisualStudio.Workload.ManagedDesktop --add Microsoft.VisualStudio.Workload.NativeDesktop  --add Microsoft.VisualStudio.Workload.VisualStudioExtension --add Microsoft.Component.Blend.SDK.WPF --includeOptional  --lang en-US

I then moved all files to a computer that does not have internet access and used the following command to install

c:\vs2017layout\vs_professional.exe --add Microsoft.VisualStudio.Workload.CoreEditor --add Microsoft.VisualStudio.Workload.ManagedDesktop --add Microsoft.VisualStudio.Workload.NativeDesktop  --add Microsoft.VisualStudio.Workload.VisualStudioExtension --add Microsoft.Component.Blend.SDK.WPF --includeOptional

Friday, September 22, 2017 5:27 PM

All replies

• Hi nflfish,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

Please go to the offline folder and double click on vs_professional.exe to install visual studio directly and check if the issue persists. If it still require network connection, there may be something wrong with your offline cache. Please try to re-download it on a computer with good network connection and you can install updated certificates before you install visual studio. Open the Certificates folder in your offline cache. Double-click each of the certificate files, and then click through the Certificate Manager wizard. If asked for a password, leave it blank.

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Sunday, September 24, 2017 7:07 AM