Color Change depending Row Group value in Matrix RRS feed

• Question

• User843229376 posted

I have a matrix in which ROW part is grouped by Period .The Data part consist of Class,Teacher. The Column part is DATE

Now what I want is that when The Year changes the Data part colour should also change.

1/1/2011

1/3/2011

Period2

Maths

Sam

English

Jack

Period 2

Maths

Sam

Science

John

Period 3

Computers

Keval

French

Mary

Period 4

Science

John

Maths

Sam

When the Period values changes the color of corresponding Data part should change from previous value

So Period 2 should have different colour , period 3 different and Period 4 different....

How is this possible

Friday, July 8, 2011 5:19 AM

Answers

All replies

• User-830595639 posted

Hi Jassu,

I think this is possible only if you are using SQL 2008R2. In this version we have a lookup function using which you can achieve it.

1. You need to create a dataset where you have define the color for each of the possible groups.

2. Then you can write a expression in the background color of the row using Lookup function whcih will return you the color name based on the groupname.

But I am wondering if you can have a dataset which will having the probable group name and color, because might be in future the groups increased.

I hope it will help you.

Monday, July 11, 2011 5:30 AM
  • User1471008070 posted

Hi,

You can refer to this link http://blogs.msdn.com/b/chrishays/archive/2004/08/30/greenbarmatrix.aspx which supply the steps to get the green-bar effect (alternating colors) in a matrix

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, July 13, 2011 3:46 AM