• Question

• User-807418713 posted

hello

In local this below code works fine

<script type="text/javascript">
            var data = [];
            $(document).ready(function () {
                $('.csschange').change(function (e) {
                    var ReqBy = document.getElementById('<%=DropDownList1.ClientID%>').value;

var ReqDate =  document.getElementById('<%=TextBox2.ClientID%>').value; 
                            var ReqNo = document.getElementById('<%=TextBox3.ClientID%>').value; 
                          var ChemicalName = document.getElementById('<%=D1.ClientID%>').value; 
                            var Qty = document.getElementById('<%=TextBox1.ClientID%>').value; 

var item = {
                     ReqBy: document.getElementById('<%=DropDownList1.ClientID%>').value,
                      ReqDate: document.getElementById('<%=TextBox2.ClientID%>').value, 
                        ReqNo:  document.getElementById('<%=TextBox3.ClientID%>').value, 
                        ChemicalName:  document.getElementById('<%=D1.ClientID%>').value, 
                        Qty:  document.getElementById('<%=TextBox1.ClientID%>').value, 

};
                    data.push(item);
                    item.index = data.length -1;
                   // $("#ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_GridView1 tbody").append("<tr data-index='" + (data.length-1) + "'> <td>" + $('#ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_TextBox11').val() + "</td><td>" + $('#ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_TextBox10').val() + "</td>" + "<td><input type='button' value='Delete' /></td>" + "</tr>")
                   $("#ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_GridView1 tbody").append(
                   "<tr data-index='" + (data.length-1) + "'><td>" 
                   +  document.getElementById('<%=DropDownList1.ClientID%>').value + "</td><td>" 
                   + document.getElementById('<%=TextBox2.ClientID%>').value 
                   + "</td><td>" + document.getElementById('<%=TextBox3.ClientID%>').value 
                   + "</td><td>" + document.getElementById('<%=D1.ClientID%>').value 
                   + "</td><td>" +document.getElementById('<%=TextBox1.ClientID%>').value    
                   + "</td>" + "<td><input type='button' value='Delete' /></td>" + "</tr>")

$("#ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_GridView1 tbody tr:last input").click(function () {

$(this).parent("td").parent("tr").remove();
                        var index = $(this).parent("td").parent("tr").data("index");
                        data = data.filter(function (ele) {

if (ele.index == index) {
                                return false;
                            }
                            return true;
                        })                                
                    })

//   $('#ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_DropDownList3 option:first').prop("selected",true);
                   // $('#ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_TextBox10').val("");
                   // $('#ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_TextBox11').val("");
                });

$("#Button2").click(function () {

$.ajax({
                        type: 'POST',
                        contentType: "application/json; charset=utf-8",
                         url: 'ChemRequest_Internal.aspx/InsertData',
                         data: JSON.stringify({myModels:data}),                   
                         success: function (e) {
                             alert("Requested Sucessfully...");
                             location.reload(true);
                        },
                        error: function (e) {
                            alert("Error In Page Please Contact Admin...");
                        }

}); 
            })         
            });    

</script>

the same page i upload in my cloud server its not working whats the issues

Thursday, March 11, 2021 9:41 AM

Answers

• User475983607 posted

This is a design bug.  You hardcode IDs that are dynamically generated.   You'll need to fix the design.   I would use CSS classes and/or data- attributes.  You can also stick with using the ClientID like you are doing with the other server controls.

$("#<%=GridView1.ClientID%> tbody tr:last input").click(function () {

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, March 11, 2021 2:37 PM
  • User753101303 posted

Try something similar to what you have done already ie maybe something such as:

$('#<%=GridView1.ClientID%> tbody").append(etc...

It seems that you are not using the same ..NET version locally and on your hsoting service. if possible I prefer to always try to use the same version on both sides.

Before trying the fix try perhaps F12 Console n your browser to see if you could have located this problem by yourself more easily than by reading your code.

Recently I saw for example a code snippet with at least 5 or 6 possible errors which make even impossible to guess right about which problem happens unless the OP takes the couple of minutes needed to find and tell us that.

Thursday, March 11, 2021 2:40 PM

All replies

• User753101303 posted

Hi,

"Not working" that is? It shows "Error In page Please Contact Admin..." or use https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Learn/Common_questions/What_are_browser_developer_tools to find what actually happens. 

For now my guess is that the hardcoded control name is perhaps not generated the same way?

Thursday, March 11, 2021 2:00 PM
  • User-807418713 posted

Hello PatriceSc

in local its showing 

ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_GridView1

in server its not the same 

ContentPlaceHolder1_GridView1

how to pass this in perfect manner

Thursday, March 11, 2021 2:26 PM
  • User475983607 posted

This is a design bug.  You hardcode IDs that are dynamically generated.   You'll need to fix the design.   I would use CSS classes and/or data- attributes.  You can also stick with using the ClientID like you are doing with the other server controls.

$("#<%=GridView1.ClientID%> tbody tr:last input").click(function () {

Thursday, March 11, 2021 2:37 PM
  • User753101303 posted

Try something similar to what you have done already ie maybe something such as:

$('#<%=GridView1.ClientID%> tbody").append(etc...

It seems that you are not using the same ..NET version locally and on your hsoting service. if possible I prefer to always try to use the same version on both sides.

Before trying the fix try perhaps F12 Console n your browser to see if you could have located this problem by yourself more easily than by reading your code.

Recently I saw for example a code snippet with at least 5 or 6 possible errors which make even impossible to guess right about which problem happens unless the OP takes the couple of minutes needed to find and tell us that.

Thursday, March 11, 2021 2:40 PM
  • User-807418713 posted

Thank You Mgebhard & PatriceSc

Thanking You again

Thursday, March 11, 2021 3:14 PM