How much will it actually cost RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

I've used Azure a little at my current position, but pricing has never been an issue for me. Now that I plan to use Azure as a data storage service for my personal backups I have to worry about the price!

https://azure.com/e/fdb2c5bc91d74f508a90bad258147ff4

My calculator here suggests that it would cost $1.76 USD for the first month to upload and store my 400gb, and then $1.16 p.m from there out to store it. Is this correct? Also The software I am using to backup is called CloudBerry, if their tool to verify the integrity of my backup uses the md5 hash that cold storage is able to provide without rehydration would I pay anything for this check? i.e. would this be a List and Create container operation?

Also from my understanding whenever an item is uploaded to Azure Blob storage it is sent in as cold, then you have to upgrade it to Archive. Does this mean that as I upload my backup, it comes up as cold, I change it to Archive and then I'de be paying $21.75 as I've just used SetBlobTier (I would guess) to change 30,000 items from cold to archive?

Cheers!

Michael.
    Wednesday, March 6, 2019 3:14 PM

All replies

• For more specialized assistance on this query kindly contact Azure Billing support, it's free, and it's the best choice for you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members
    Thursday, March 7, 2019 5:30 AM