SignatureDescription class cannot be found when compiling

Question

• Hi,

I am trying to implement:

public sealedclassRSAPKCS1SHA256SignatureDescription: SignatureDescription

from the topic "Using receipts to verify product purchases" in my App.xaml.cs file because I would like to validate the receipt during start of the App. I included all using statements. I also added the System.Security.dll to my References and changed the public sealed class... statement to:

public sealedclassRSAPKCS1SHA256SignatureDescription: System.Security.Cryptography.SignatureDescription

I still get the error message:

Error 1 The type or namespace name 'SignatureDescription' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Security.Cryptography' (are you missing an assembly reference?) C:\Users\marco_2\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\App_develop\Chart2Data\Chart2Data\App.xaml.cs 288 91 Chart2Data

When I leave the original public sealed.. statement, I get even more error messages and the 1. one is:

Error 1 The type or namespace name 'SignatureDescription' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Users\marco_2\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\App_develop\Chart2Data\Chart2Data\App.xaml.cs 288 62 Chart2DataDoes any

Does anybody have a clue, what I am missing here?

Thank you very much in advance!

best wishes

marco

Friday, August 29, 2014 6:03 PM

Answers

All replies

• The SignatureDescription class is part of the .NET Framework and you can only use it in your back-end system (a web service or something similar) as the topic on MSDN suggests: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/xaml/Dn532258(v=win.10).aspx.

You cannot use this class directly in your Windows Store App. The mentioned topic disusses how to validate a receipt in a service.

• Marked as answer by mbruns1970 Saturday, August 30, 2014 9:27 AM
    Friday, August 29, 2014 7:48 PM
  • Hi Magnus,

thank you very much for your quick response and the valuable information. I must have overlooked that part of important information and went straight for the code :-)

Thanks again!

marco

Saturday, August 30, 2014 9:35 AM