[W8.1]Read Caller-ID in Windows Store App RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Windows 8.1 app for dispatchers, and I'd like to add the ability to perform caller-id on incoming calls to quickly retrieve existing customer data based on the incoming number. I've got a TRENDnet TFM-561U USB modem connected, and I can see it via Windows.Devices.Enumeration.DeviceInformation.FindAllAsync(). I haven't been able to attach to it via UsbDevice.FromIdAsync or HidDevice.FromIdAsync. I've been fiddling with DeviceCapability in Package.appxmanifest, but no luck so far, and I have no idea whether I even need to do that. Has anyone successfully communicated with a USB modem from a store app? Any help appreciated.

Tuesday, May 26, 2015 2:17 AM

Answers

•  Has anyone successfully communicated with a USB modem from a store app? Any help appreciated.

Hello,

Before you can interact with the USB device, the device must have the Winusb.sys driver loaded as its function driver. Check out whether you miss this. See detail of finding the usb device flowchart in How to connect to a USB device. https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/dn303343(v=vs.85).aspx

Regards,

Wednesday, May 27, 2015 3:22 AM

All replies