pivot viewer in LightSwitch RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to follow this article steps

http://blog.pragmaswitch.com/?p=441

I am reaching to

Consume the PivotViewer in your LightSwitch project

I think there is some thing I do wrong or I am missing something as when I run the project it show empty screen

could any one provide a detailed instruction about this point or provide a working application

thanks

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 6:45 AM

Answers

• Probably due to different LightSwitch versions.

The error message is quite clear though: add the correct reference to Microsoft.LIghtSwitch.dll in the silverlight class lib containing the pivot control.

paul van bladel

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 8:55 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I'm the author of the article you refer to.  Difficult to see from here what's going wrong. I think the best thing to do is to download the sample solution (at http://blog.pragmaswitch.com/?p=536) and compare things with your solution.

paul van bladel

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 7:12 AM
  • I download and get the following error  ,are there any extension I have to download

thanks for replying

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 8:38 AM
  • Probably due to different LightSwitch versions.

The error message is quite clear though: add the correct reference to Microsoft.LIghtSwitch.dll in the silverlight class lib containing the pivot control.

paul van bladel

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 8:55 AM
  • I have downloaded my sample from my blog, pressed F5 and the app starts. I'm using VS 2012.

Don't forget to go to the movie list detail screen and press the button to generate some test data, otherwise the pivot screen is empty.

paul van bladel

• Proposed as answer by Paul Van Bladel Wednesday, September 11, 2013 8:51 PM
    Wednesday, September 11, 2013 9:03 AM
  • Paul, the link to download your SemanticZoom.zip appears dead. Anywhere else we can grab this? Thanks.
    Saturday, October 26, 2013 1:42 AM
  • Indeed, sorry about that.

Yesterday my hosting provider moved my blog to another server. Although the blog itself functions again, the download links are dead.

I opened a support ticket and they will like into it (it's Arvixe and there support is very good).

I'll come back to you here when it's working again.

paul.

paul van bladel

Saturday, October 26, 2013 5:34 AM
  • The download link is working again. Sorry for the trouble.

paul van bladel

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 7:03 PM