Checkout File Location on local disk. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Folks,

We wonder that there is no such "SharePoint Draft" folder in Windows 7 machine which have installed Office 2013 or O365 subscription.

We are unable to find all SharePoint checked out files to me.

Please help how to find all checked out files to me on local disk from all SharePoint site collections.

We have already checked Excel > Options > Save > Server draft folder , but there is no such location on disk.

Also please help me where is offline file editing location for SharePoint 2013. 

Wednesday, October 14, 2015 9:24 AM

Answers

• It's basically obsolete in SP 2013 with Office 2013. The only way you will see that option now is if you have the library set for Required Check Out, open the document in Word and click the Check Out button in Word. (Kind of a partially left over feature in Word.)

Simply checking out a file will no longer automatically download the file to the Drafts folder.

To find files checked out to you, you will need to visit the libraries and look for your checked out icons.

Site Owners can help users find Checked Out files by adding the Relevant Documents web part and making two changes to the properties: uncheck Include documents last modified by me and checkmarking Include documents checked out to me.

Mike Smith TechTrainingNotes.blogspot.com
    Books: SharePoint 2007 2010 Customization for the Site Owner, SharePoint 2010 Security for the Site Owner

• Proposed as answer by croute1 Tuesday, October 20, 2015 7:21 PM
    • Marked as answer by Keshaw Wednesday, October 21, 2015 11:36 AM
    Wednesday, October 14, 2015 9:14 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You might wanna try: 

For windows 7 (IE9) and Moss2010 and office 2012 they are also in your temporary internet files (C:\Users\%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files).

But only if you did check-out the file first from sharepoint and selected save draft locally, if you didn't do that then it seems like you are out of luck.

From: http://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/13173/does-sharepoint-keep-a-local-cache-of-opened-documents

Nico Martens
    SharePoint/Office365/Azure Consultant

Wednesday, October 14, 2015 9:30 AM
  • I have already checked it but there is nothing.
    Wednesday, October 14, 2015 9:49 AM
  • It's basically obsolete in SP 2013 with Office 2013. The only way you will see that option now is if you have the library set for Required Check Out, open the document in Word and click the Check Out button in Word. (Kind of a partially left over feature in Word.)

Simply checking out a file will no longer automatically download the file to the Drafts folder.

To find files checked out to you, you will need to visit the libraries and look for your checked out icons.

Site Owners can help users find Checked Out files by adding the Relevant Documents web part and making two changes to the properties: uncheck Include documents last modified by me and checkmarking Include documents checked out to me.

Mike Smith TechTrainingNotes.blogspot.com
    Books: SharePoint 2007 2010 Customization for the Site Owner, SharePoint 2010 Security for the Site Owner

• Proposed as answer by croute1 Tuesday, October 20, 2015 7:21 PM
    • Marked as answer by Keshaw Wednesday, October 21, 2015 11:36 AM
    Wednesday, October 14, 2015 9:14 PM