none
umlauts on ReporViewer RRS feed

• Question

• I have simple report. Some textboxes have  Strings with multilingual symbols such as euro ans symbols of other languages.
    I make report as RDL  on Visual Studio 2005. When i make preview - i see all symbols. But when i
    convert report to RDLC and use it on my reportviewer project (C++ visual Studio 2008) i see that some symbols reportviwer not showed and some sybols was replaced.
    For Example, symbol "ü" (u with umlaut) was replaced to "u" etc. What i must to change on my code?

• Edited by _EUGENE Thursday, May 21, 2009 8:19 AM
    Thursday, May 21, 2009 8:17 AM

Answers

• SOLVED!!! PROBLEM WAS AT SAVING REPORT CODE TO FIELD ON MY DATABASE(I load reports dynamically from my database). During saving string was converted from one charset to another. Now I use base64 encoding to save report code into database and decoding on load. Reportviewer show me all symbols. :)
    • Marked as answer by _EUGENE Thursday, May 21, 2009 6:12 PM
    Thursday, May 21, 2009 6:12 PM

All replies

• 1. Go to the specific Textbox which has issue in the RDLC file.
    2. Go to TextBox's Properties > Font > FontFamily.
    3. Check the list of Fonts available. Choose the Font Family that you know has the appropriate fonts for your display.
        You can take the help of MS Word to identify teh exact Font family name.

Please note: Since, you are working with Multilingual texts:
        Font Family Name displayed in MS Word may contain specific langauge characters also.
        But when you view Font Family Names in RDL/RDLC file, it would only contain English characters.
        So, you need to identify the required Font Family name.

Summary, choose the appropriate font specifically in the RDL/RDLC file for your Textbox, for those characters that are to be dispalyed.

Regards, Lakra :) - If the post is helpful or answers your question, please mark it as such.
    Thursday, May 21, 2009 9:03 AM
  • I use Arial Font Family. This font has all symbols that i need (u with umlaut, for example). On preview report on visual studio constructor i see all symbols, but when i use reportviewer on my application u with umlaut replaced with simple u etc. :(
    • Marked as answer by _EUGENE Thursday, May 21, 2009 6:04 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by _EUGENE Thursday, May 21, 2009 6:12 PM
    Thursday, May 21, 2009 9:11 AM
  • SOLVED!!! PROBLEM WAS AT SAVING REPORT CODE TO FIELD ON MY DATABASE(I load reports dynamically from my database). During saving string was converted from one charset to another. Now I use base64 encoding to save report code into database and decoding on load. Reportviewer show me all symbols. :)
    • Marked as answer by _EUGENE Thursday, May 21, 2009 6:12 PM
    Thursday, May 21, 2009 6:12 PM