MS certificate credibility RRS feed

• Question

• do you think that only CPLS should deliver the Microsoft tests ?
    Tuesday, March 24, 2009 10:35 PM

Answers

• You do not have to be a Certified Partner for Learning Solutions (CPLS) in order to be a Prometric testing center and deliver official Microsoft exams. There are over 15,000 Prometric testing centers and 1,500 CPLSes worldwide. They are two different programs with different requirements.

Sincerely,
    Ben

Ben Watson
    Director, Learning Products & Services
    Microsoft Learning
    • Marked as answer by Ben Watson Saturday, April 4, 2009 4:55 PM
    Saturday, April 4, 2009 4:55 PM

All replies

• No...
    Michael D. Alligood,
    MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician, Consumer Support Technician
    MCTS: Windows Vista - Configuration,
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+, Network+

The I.T. Classroom Blog
    Start. Research. Plan. Perform. Finish. Test. Evaluate.
    Tuesday, March 24, 2009 11:11 PM
  • hi there,

Tests? You mean exams, right? As far as I know, it is not required to be CPLS to be Prometric testing center?  And I don't think there should be such requirement.
    Wednesday, March 25, 2009 8:07 AM
  •  I agree. I don't think a testing center should be required to be CPLS, as long as they follow the guidelines as put forth by Microsoft. I don't think that affects the credibility of the certification.
    Wednesday, March 25, 2009 6:48 PM
  • one more thing, note that whenever a company wants to run MS exams, they have to start using Prometric/MS authorized software and sign the agreement that they will be ONLY using this s/w for MS exams. There is no way to cheat or something like this :)
    Thursday, March 26, 2009 12:46 PM
  • But in what context does the OP question the credibility of MS exams? When non-CPLS host them?

Regards,

Salvador Manaois III
    MCITP | Enterprise & Server Administrator
    MCSE MCSA MCTS(x5) CIWA C|EH
    My Blog: Bytes and Badz
    Monday, March 30, 2009 9:24 AM
  • OP question? I think I miss something :)

Monday, March 30, 2009 9:34 AM
  • I think I got it :)

Well, I'd say that most people look whether a company is training facility, like CPLS, as it looks more value in their eyes.

Also in most cases, when you take a course with a CPLS, and that course prepares you for a certain exam, at the end of it you get a chance to pass the exam itself. (it is included into the training price).

There are companies which are just exam centers and are not giving courses within MS products (well, official ones).
    **finis coronat opus**
    Monday, March 30, 2009 3:44 PM
  • You do not have to be a Certified Partner for Learning Solutions (CPLS) in order to be a Prometric testing center and deliver official Microsoft exams. There are over 15,000 Prometric testing centers and 1,500 CPLSes worldwide. They are two different programs with different requirements.

Sincerely,
    Ben

Ben Watson
    Director, Learning Products & Services
    Microsoft Learning
    • Marked as answer by Ben Watson Saturday, April 4, 2009 4:55 PM
    Saturday, April 4, 2009 4:55 PM