none
Expressions Builder in VBA 7.0 code editor RRS feed

• Question

• Hello people!

I am using MS Access 2010 and I can not find the Expressions Generator in the Visual Basic for Application 7.0 code editor. Yes I find it within the design of forms or queries, but not in the code editor.

I do not know if it is no longer available (it would be a real pity) or if there is another new tool that replaces it. In previous versions of access I found it easily and it is very useful.

From already thank you very much.
    Friday, December 1, 2017 3:11 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I could be wrong but I don't remember seeing the Expression Builder in the VBA IDE.

Could you perhaps be referring to Intellisense?

Just curious...

Friday, December 1, 2017 7:23 PM
  • Like theDBGuy, I don't ever recall seeing that in the code editor. It's available in the QBE window, of course, and in certain sections of the object designer (where there is a "build" button, for example).

-- Scott McDaniel, Microsoft Access MVP

Saturday, December 2, 2017 12:12 PM
  • This is a capture of the Access 97 version:

Monday, December 11, 2017 4:23 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for posting an image. It's been a while since I have used Access 97, and I don't remember seeing it then.

In any case, it is definitely gone in Access 2010 (and probably in newer versions too).

You could try posting a suggestion at the Access User Voice website, but I am not sure what are the chances of it coming back.

Good luck!

Monday, December 11, 2017 4:38 PM
  • I'm betting that was a third-party add-in. If you want to spend a little money there is a code add-in called MZTools. It does more than generate code. I've been using it for years. You can even add your own code snippets.

One more thing I just thought of...Access 97 did not have a separate code window. It was incorporated in the main body of Access so that "generate" might have been just the expression builder that you can call up from the properties page.

Bill Mosca
    www.thatlldoit.com
    http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/MS_Access_Professionals

Monday, December 11, 2017 4:44 PM
  • Thank you very much Bill. I'll find the tool you tell me.
    Monday, December 11, 2017 10:07 PM
  • Thank you very much .theDBguy. I will try my luck in Access Users Voice.

Monday, December 11, 2017 10:10 PM
  • Hello,

I suggest you mark helpful post or your post as answer to close this thread. If you have any new issues when using MS Access, please feel free to post threads here. 

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 1:37 AM