UML ModelBus Adapter RRS feed

• Question

• Hello! I can see in this article http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/library/ee329483.aspx that, with Visualization & Modeling Feature Pack, it's possible to integrate UML models with custom DSLs by ModelBus. Right, I got it! But now, an UML Adapter Manager for T4 App Domain is necessary in order to use those ModelBus references in T4. Is that adapter public?? Where could I find it? 

Thanks in advance!!

RubenBrenes
    Tuesday, July 27, 2010 5:59 PM

Answers

• Hi Ruben

I'm sorry that in fact the ModelBus adapter for UML models that we use in some of the functions in the Feature Pack is quite limited, and not ready for general use.

However, it is quite easy to:

• Find a UML model from within another VS extension such as a DSL
    • Use ModelBus to access DSLs from a UML model

For a good example of how to do both these things, take a look at How to Add a Drag and Drop Handler.

In a few days, the topic you quote will be changed to explain this. In the meantime I've added a note to it.

- Alan -MSFT
    Tuesday, July 27, 2010 6:29 PM
  • We don't currently know when or whether a UML adapter will be available, so I recommend that you use the techniques in at How to Add a Drag and Drop Handler, especially near the end.

- Alan -MSFT
    Friday, August 6, 2010 3:02 PM

All replies

• Hi Ruben

I'm sorry that in fact the ModelBus adapter for UML models that we use in some of the functions in the Feature Pack is quite limited, and not ready for general use.

However, it is quite easy to:

• Find a UML model from within another VS extension such as a DSL
    • Use ModelBus to access DSLs from a UML model

For a good example of how to do both these things, take a look at How to Add a Drag and Drop Handler.

In a few days, the topic you quote will be changed to explain this. In the meantime I've added a note to it.

- Alan -MSFT
    Tuesday, July 27, 2010 6:29 PM
  • Thanks a lot, Alan!!
    RubenBrenes
    Wednesday, July 28, 2010 6:51 AM
  • Hi, is there any plan to release this UML adapter for both T4 and non T4 hosts? I'm looking forward to this feature!! Thanks! Regards
    RubenBrenes
    Friday, August 6, 2010 12:44 PM
  • We don't currently know when or whether a UML adapter will be available, so I recommend that you use the techniques in at How to Add a Drag and Drop Handler, especially near the end.

- Alan -MSFT
    Friday, August 6, 2010 3:02 PM