none
WSUS 3.0 SP1 KB948014 shows needed even though role is not install RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

WSUS 3.0 is showing that 2 updates are still needed by our Windows 2008 Server:

1: Windows Update Services 3.0 SP1 Dynamic Install for Windows 2008 (KB948014) and
    2: Windows Update Services 3.0 SP2 Dynamic Install for Windows 2008 (KB972493)

My question is, why WSUS is prompting to install these updates on Windows 2008 Server machine when Windows Update Service Server role is actually not installed on any of the Windows 2008 Server machine.

And when we try to find out the missing updates, then these Windows 2008 Server machines tells that its totally updated. Its doesn't showing any missing updates.

Thanks,
    Khalid
    Wednesday, October 21, 2009 5:53 AM

All replies

• Hi,

These are the dynamic installers to install the role, you only need to approve one I believe.

WSUS is telling you the role can be installed through sever manager.

The Windows Update Agent should not prompt you to install a dynamic installer, the app that dynamically installs it should. In this case, server manager.

Hope this information helps.

Pooja Katiyar
    • Proposed as answer by Pooja.Katiyar Monday, December 14, 2009 10:12 AM
    Monday, November 23, 2009 12:37 PM
  • Hi,

These are the dynamic installers to install the role, you only need to approve one I believe.

WSUS is telling you the role can be installed through sever manager.

The Windows Update Agent should not prompt you to install a dynamic installer, the app that dynamically installs it should. In this case, server manager.

Hope this information helps.

Pooja Katiyar

It is exactly what I need, Thanks for your sharing!
    Saturday, February 26, 2011 11:00 PM