Error Infopath form+WCF Service+SQL Server 2008 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi friends, i have a question about an Infopath's behaviour . I'll explain my scenario:

I developed an Infopath form that connect it with a WCF Service hosted on a IIS (Server Windows 2008 Server R2 - Sharepoint Server 2010 - Reporting Services - IIS 7.5 ). and i have a database server (Server Windows 2008 Server R2 - SQL Server 2008 R2 Standard).

So , there is a component in my infopath form (a combox) that consume a method from my WCF Service but when i execute the form preview on infopath, the combobox doesn't load.

I revised the Sharepoint Server's Event Viewer and i see the following error (Application Option/Section) :  "Event 18456.  Login failed for user 'DOMAIN\WCFServerName$'. Reason: Token - Based server access validation failed with an infrastructure error. Check for previous errors. [CLIENT:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]"

WCFServerName$ = [MachineName] with this symbol "$"

Is there a configuration in my WCF Server specifically in the iis that must do i modify??

I don't know how do i can resolve this.  Please Help me.

Greetings

Wednesday, August 31, 2011 1:15 AM

Answers

• If you don't get an answer here you may have better luck in the SQL forum since it is a SQL server access issue.  Check out this post here:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqlsecurity/thread/c3e0713c-b4e6-400e-9ba2-448cd5bf3cb8/

I would ignore the marked answer, and really only look at the last 4 posts.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011 12:54 PM
  • Hi Melissa.

Thanks for your help.  I fixed the problem applying to my database a grant logging to the following account 'DOMAIN\WCFServerName$' For example :  exec sp_grantlogin 'DOMAIN\WCFServerName$'and voilá it works!.

Thanks for your help and greetings.

Aleds

• Marked as answer by Aleds Wednesday, September 21, 2011 2:29 PM
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 2:28 PM

All replies

• If you don't get an answer here you may have better luck in the SQL forum since it is a SQL server access issue.  Check out this post here:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqlsecurity/thread/c3e0713c-b4e6-400e-9ba2-448cd5bf3cb8/

I would ignore the marked answer, and really only look at the last 4 posts.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011 12:54 PM
  • Hi Melissa.

Thanks for your help.  I fixed the problem applying to my database a grant logging to the following account 'DOMAIN\WCFServerName$' For example :  exec sp_grantlogin 'DOMAIN\WCFServerName$'and voilá it works!.

Thanks for your help and greetings.

Aleds

• Marked as answer by Aleds Wednesday, September 21, 2011 2:29 PM
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 2:28 PM