CUIT Recording extremely slow RRS feed

• Question

• I'm recording on an .appref-ms application and the program runs extremely slow ( most times it doesn't even record the actions so I have to click furiously to record a simple radio click ) but when I pause or close the recorder my program runs normally.

Does anyone have a clue as to why this might happen ?

My program is divided in different tasks and I've recorded some of them already ( and not all were this slow ).

Wednesday, December 16, 2015 2:14 PM

Answers

• Hi S1deswipe,

Thanks for your post.

First I suggest you to remove all additional mouse hovering actions when recording.

Set the below values as per your need in CodedUITestBuilder.exe.config in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\IDE\ CodedUITestBuilder.exe.config:

<add key=”ImplicitHoverLevel” value=”1”> No hovers will be recorded

>>My program is divided in different tasks and I've recorded some of them already ( and not all were this slow ).

From my point of view. Recording the application may take up much CPU memory.

Beside, when your application is running. I suppose it will load much data during some operations.

I suppose the two causes which lead to the application running slowly when recording the code UI test.

So I suggest you could close other application in task manager or restart your machine then try it again. May be the problem will be solved.

Or you could change a machine with higher configuration to record the application.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Thursday, December 17, 2015 8:30 AM