The following forum(s) have migrated to Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Azure Virtual Machines!
Visit Microsoft Q&A (Preview) to post new questions.

Learn More

One Tenant and our Business Multi Tenancy isolation of VMs and DB RRS feed

• Question

• Hiya,

I am new to Azure so bare with me!

We have one customer who has a MYSQL DB on premis they want to replicate this DB to another MYSQL DB in the cloud which we will host. The data from the MYSQL DB will then be replicated to a MS SQL server also hosted  by us in the cloud for reporting.

The idea was to setup a SFTP server in the cloud to move the DB file from their on premis to the MYSQL DB in the cloud to do this was going to build a MS 2012 server and install IIS enable FTP with certificate etc.

Another option was to create a VPN from their premis to the VNET in the cloud where the new MYSQL server will be hosted, so they can migrate the data from server to server themselves.

**this all seems easy enough to do, but part of the plans was to host the MYSQL database in one tenant and the MS SQL server in another tenant so there is some sort of isolation, between businesses.

I could create to accounts in Azure each representing the different tenants, but ideally we would like one Azure account with 2 tenants. these tenants would be isolated networks and everyting for admin purposes.

Is this the best approach, even though we would want to isolate the 2 DBs/servers( MYSQL server for the client in one tenant but managed by us and the MSMSQL DB hosted by us for reporting in another tenant) they will have to talk to each other some how for data replication.

How would we configure this in the console?

cheers Mike

Sunday, August 21, 2016 11:10 AM

All replies

• Greetings!

Thank you for posting here! 

We are currently researching on this concern; we will revert to you as soon as we have an answer. 

Regards,
    Sumanth BM

Thursday, September 1, 2016 6:31 PM