none
xl ribbon: creating a group of tab, like for pivot tables RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

When working with pivot tables, one sees two tabs (Options, Design) appearing on the ribbon.
    These two tabs are headed by a kind of additional colored tab with a title (PivotTable Tools).
    The color is red.

When working with pivot charts, one can see four tabs (Design, Layout, Format, Analyze),
    grouped under a green supra-tab (PivotChart Tools).

I would like to do something similar for the Excel VSTO C#  add-in that I am developing.
    I would need a few tabs.
    And I would particularly like to see them grouped under a colored supra-tab with a title.

Any suggestions about how to do that?

Thanks,

Michel
    Thursday, September 12, 2013 11:57 AM

Answers

• Hi Michel,

According to your description, you want to add a TabSet for the custom ribbon tabs.

We can find all TabSets (PivotTable Tools and PivotChart Tools and etc.) in the figure below:

Actually, “TabSet element specifies a contextual tab set control. As the id and idQ attributes are not present, this element can only be used to refer to existing built-in tab sets. This element cannot be used to create new contextual tab sets”.

To organize customized tabs, I suggest you to add them to a proper existing TabSet.

Best regards

Fei

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 12:57 AM