none
WEC7 updates since MArch 2107 RRS feed

• Question

• I've waisted many hours trying to get the latest WEC7 updates.

I've got the updates up to March 2017.  From this page: msdn. microsoft. com/en-us/library/dn205267. aspx

Then I try the MOO (www. microsoftoem. com/Login. aspx) thing inside an IE private window.  I log into to WindowsLiveUser and I get a federation error (corp. sts. microsoft. com/adfs/ls/) that basically say's nothing.  Wow that was a awesome waist of time.  So I say screw that.

I launch the WindowsEmbeddedCompact7 installer and I select UPDATE, and click Next.  The next window: WindowsEmbeddedDeveloperUpdate, I click Next.  I get a WindowsEmbeddedDeveloperUpdateRegistration window.  I sign in.  I get to the WindowsEmbeddedProfileCenter.  Here where it get really interesting.  Oh the joy. If I click cancel, I get a sent to the "download an evaluation copy" page.  There is no mention of Update.  So I say screw that.

So I'm back at the WindowsEmbeddedDeveloperUpdateRegistration page.  I'm a little psychotic so I click the Continue button this time.  (Yeah the blank are still filled in from the previous 72 attempts.)  This takes me to the MSDN WindowsEmbedded (msdn. microsoft. com/en-us/library/ee504814%28v=winembedded. 70%29. aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396) page.  I get real excited when I see WindowsEmbeddedDeveloperUpdate.  So I click it, it brings me to a useless page where there is another WindowsEmbeddedDeveloperUpdate (msdn. microsoft. com/library/ms376737. aspx) page/link.  Oh I must be getting close.  I'm getting all squishy.  I arrive at IntroducingWindowsEmbeddedDeveloperUpdate(msdn. microsoft. com/en-us/library/ff770079(v=winembedded. 60). aspx).  I'm living life on the edge so I go for the download center link(www. microsoft. com/en-us/download/details. aspx?id=23004).  There it is, I have found it.  The WindowsEmbeddedDeveloperUpdate1.2 to update WindowsEmbeddedStandard7,SP1.  That is so cool.  It is absolutely friggin useless for WEC7.  So, once again, I say screw that.

I log into my my. visualstudio. com account and click the Downloads tab.  I enter WindowsEmbeddedCompact7 into the search box.  Oh yeah,..wait for it.  I get a list of the WEC7 install DVDs.  Nothing with a date newer than 2015.  So, screw that.

What a beautiful warm lump of dung.  There is a few hours I'll never get back.

Could someone offer some guidance as to where in this microsoft maze I might get access to the WEC7 updates?  Am I begin unreasonable in thinking I should actually be able to get WEC7 updates?
    Thursday, August 3, 2017 4:55 PM

Answers

• The solution was posted by Doug Moore at

social. msdn. microsoft. com/Forums/en-US/00546ad9-4692-4b86-9f44-38f62672ba1b/wec7-embedded-developer-update-registration-cant-be-completed?forum=winembplatdev <https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/00546ad9-4692-4b86-9f44-38f62672ba1b/wec7-embedded-developer-update-registration-cant-be-completed?forum=winembplatdev>

The key doesn't exist under HKEY_CURRENT_USER   i.e. It needs to be created.

Note: A similar key does exist under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, but adding keys here doesn't help.

Many thanks to Doug.

uSoft you suck.

Thursday, August 3, 2017 8:18 PM