Is there a way to get rid of unnesessary columns in a document library, created from promoted fields in InfoPath form RRS feed

• Question

• I used 2 data sources to create documents, then decided to stick with one. How do I remove all the columns I don't need, because some of them look like duplicates of the columns I use and it gets confusing.

Thanks!

Thursday, October 20, 2011 6:11 PM

Answers

• Hi, I have ever do this but I don't remember how without drop the library.

You can try the following things:

• You can remove the content-type unused in the library settings,
    • You can go the "Site actions" of SharePoint, and remove the content-type and the column into the 'content type galery' and 'site columns galery'.
    • If the 2 following actions don't work, you can use SPM (SharePoint Manager) to try to delete the column you want to drop.

But don't do this in production environment, just try before in an development environment.

Hope this help.

Visit my blog : http://rmatayron.blogspot.com/
    • Marked as answer by Natalie Kash Friday, October 21, 2011 2:41 PM
    Thursday, October 20, 2011 6:46 PM

All replies

• Hi, I have ever do this but I don't remember how without drop the library.

You can try the following things:

• You can remove the content-type unused in the library settings,
    • You can go the "Site actions" of SharePoint, and remove the content-type and the column into the 'content type galery' and 'site columns galery'.
    • If the 2 following actions don't work, you can use SPM (SharePoint Manager) to try to delete the column you want to drop.

But don't do this in production environment, just try before in an development environment.

Hope this help.

Visit my blog : http://rmatayron.blogspot.com/
    • Marked as answer by Natalie Kash Friday, October 21, 2011 2:41 PM
    Thursday, October 20, 2011 6:46 PM
  • Thanks! I'll try all these things.

Luckily I currently have development environment only (for now), so I can mess up as much as I want :).

Friday, October 21, 2011 2:40 PM
  • I found also that I can just delete the undesired columns one-by-one from the Columns section in the Library Settings. That was simple! Sorry to bother everyone...
    Friday, October 21, 2011 3:07 PM