none
Zoom To functionality RRS feed

• Question

• First of all thank you for the Bing Maps API. I have implemented a panTo function in javascript and it works as expected. I am trying to implement a similar zoomTo function and would like its transition to appear smooth as with the mousewheel. When I increment the zoom based on  calculated step values between current and target zoom levels it appears to make discrete steps at integer zoom levels instead of a more continuous zoom appearance that the mousewheel displays. Are there any examples of how to accomplish this?
    Monday, September 18, 2017 4:48 PM

Answers

• Unfortunately this is not currently supported. Support for animating the map view is on the list of planned features. The setView function only allows integer values of zoom otherwise some would end up with a map that is starched and blurry as map tiles only exist at integer zoom levels.

[Blog] [twitter] [LinkedIn]

Monday, September 18, 2017 7:09 PM

All replies

• Unfortunately this is not currently supported. Support for animating the map view is on the list of planned features. The setView function only allows integer values of zoom otherwise some would end up with a map that is starched and blurry as map tiles only exist at integer zoom levels.

[Blog] [twitter] [LinkedIn]

Monday, September 18, 2017 7:09 PM
  • Thank you. I am using the setView and that is exactly what I am experiencing for the zoom. I am also using the setView for the pan operation and it doesn't seem to have the issue. This can also be used to animate a pushpin (maybe a car or a plane image) around the map without issue as long as the zoom doesn't change.

I am looking forward to these features when they come out.

Monday, September 18, 2017 7:16 PM