Can someone explian the DirextX Offset returned by BeginDraw??? Drawing with an updateRect has been driving me insane for weeks now!

Question

• Can someone explian the DirextX Offset returned by BeginDraw??? 

Or why my graphics are always off by a millimeter or two or three when I drag the point on screen fast?  

Drawing with an updateRect has been driving me insane for weeks now!  When updateRect is set to full size it works great but is too slow!

This is on a VirtualImageSource put on a XAML image btw.

SB Software Developer

• Edited by Sacha Bwin Wednesday, December 19, 2012 9:13 PM
    Wednesday, December 19, 2012 9:11 PM

Answers

• I actually solved it tonight.  Thank you very much though, I had to adjust the offset to the dpi of the output XAML image for some weird reason when the image is IDK.  Unlogical why I had to do that but so is why I have to adjust for the offset in the first place, the offset is completely unnessesarry, the directx should do it for me but whatevs!  It works great now!!!  Thanks!

SB Software Developer

• Marked as answer by Jesse Jiang Monday, December 24, 2012 3:21 AM
    Friday, December 21, 2012 10:02 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Would you please provide us the whole codes to reproduce this issue,

You can upload your project to SkyDrive
    http://skydrive.live.com/

It is not necessary that you send out the whole of your project. We just need a simplest sample to reproduce the problem. You can remove any confidential information or business details from it.

If you don't want to upload the sample code, you can try to get the paid support from https://getsupport.microsoft.com/

Best regards,
    Jesse

Jesse Jiang
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, December 21, 2012 6:05 AM
  • I actually solved it tonight.  Thank you very much though, I had to adjust the offset to the dpi of the output XAML image for some weird reason when the image is IDK.  Unlogical why I had to do that but so is why I have to adjust for the offset in the first place, the offset is completely unnessesarry, the directx should do it for me but whatevs!  It works great now!!!  Thanks!

SB Software Developer

• Marked as answer by Jesse Jiang Monday, December 24, 2012 3:21 AM
    Friday, December 21, 2012 10:02 AM