locked
Need help with C# version of ClubSite 2.0 project RRS feed

  • Question

  • User-2135276508 posted

    I am stuck after doing the following:

    1.  Downloaded the 2.0 version of the Extended ClubSite project, unzipped it into "C:\ClubSite"

    2.  Renamed the "aspnetdb.mdf"  to "ClubSiteAuth" and mounted it to my SQL Express 2008 instance.  I also mounted  "ClubDB" to my SQL instance.

    3.  I edited my web.config and added:

    <connectionStrings><add name="ClubSiteDB" connectionString="Data Source=.\SQLExpress;Integrated Security=true;Database=ClubDB" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/><remove name="LocalSqlServer"/><add name="LocalSqlServer" connectionString="Data Source=.\SQLExpress;Integrated Security=true;Database=ClubSiteAuth" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/></connectionStrings>

    4.  Now I am stuck.  I get these 2 errors:

    Error 2 The type name 'SiteSettingsRow' does not exist in the type 'System.Data.DataSet' C:\inetpub\wwwroot\ClubSite\App_Code\SiteSettings.cs 22 39 ClubSite

    Error 3 The type name 'MemberInfoRow' does not exist in the type 'System.Data.DataSet' C:\inetpub\wwwroot\ClubSite\App_Code\MemberDetails.cs 57 56 ClubSite

    Also, I get all kinds of xsd warnings like these:

    Warning 4 The 'IsAppSettingsProperty' attribute is invalid - The value 'True' is invalid according to its datatype 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema:boolean' - The string 'True' is not a valid Boolean value. C:\inetpub\wwwroot\ClubSite\App_Code\DataSet.xsd 7 144 ClubSite

    Warning 5 The element cannot contain white space. Content model is empty. C:\inetpub\wwwroot\ClubSite\App_Code\DataSet.xsd 7 374 ClubSite

    etc.

    Tuesday, May 5, 2009 1:18 AM

All replies

  • User-2135276508 posted

     38 thread views and 0 replies.

     I would be fine with a simple answer that is a link to some formal instructions on setting up this project.   I tried starting over on the project but had the same problems.

     Maybe I am missing a reference to something?  If I am , I dont know what it could be.  Is System.Data.DataSet  not the correct reference?  Was I not supposed to convert the project to .NET3.5?

    Tuesday, May 5, 2009 3:51 PM
  • User-172289848 posted

     I am at the same point as you, I thougt it was because I was trying to use SQL2008, so had to download SP1 last night. I am going to try again tonight.

    Afte reading your post I would be more suspect tthat there is a required entry in the database that is not there.

     

    Will let you know what I find out.

    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 6:16 PM
  • User-1773948845 posted

    the "aspnetdb.mdf"  to "ClubSiteAuth" and mounted it to my SQL Express 2008 instance.  I also mounted  "ClubDB" to my SQL instance.

    connectionStrings><add name="ClubSiteDB" connectionString="Data Source=.\SQLExpress;Integrated Security=true;Database=ClubDB" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/><remove name="LocalSqlServer"/><add name="LocalSqlServer" connectionString="Data Source=.\SQLExpress;Integrated Security=true;Database=ClubSiteAuth" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/></connectionStrings

     

    there is no point in renaming the aspnetdb.mdf to clubsiteauth as this db will be created on the fly in the web server so use as it as and try if ure error is resolved.

     

    Thursday, August 20, 2009 4:34 AM