none
why running the program in c++ take up space

Question

• Hi guys, i am a student learning computer programming currently using visual studio.

Everytime i tried to run the program my computer disk space OS(C:) get lesser and lesser, like 1day ago i have 50 gb space left and after 1day of trying to run many different program i type ( i type in the same file and just delete the code and replace it with another ) after running it

from what i heard there some junk file after running or something i tried to search for a way to delete it but i couldn't if anyone know how to solve this problem please help me, thanks alot!

its like everytime i press run i lose 50mb of space, how do i delete those space?

Sunday, February 14, 2016 10:23 AM

Answers

• Use a program like WinDirStat to see which files are using up all your disk space.

Then you'll have to figure out why your program is creating so many orphaned files.  It also depends how you are running your program.  Perhaps you are creating build logs?

Let's figure out what has been created before we figure out how to remove it.

Monday, February 15, 2016 3:30 AM

All replies

• Use a program like WinDirStat to see which files are using up all your disk space.

Then you'll have to figure out why your program is creating so many orphaned files.  It also depends how you are running your program.  Perhaps you are creating build logs?

Let's figure out what has been created before we figure out how to remove it.

Monday, February 15, 2016 3:30 AM
  • Thanks for Wyck's reply.

Hi warlordz,

Do you have followed Wyck's suggestion to find out what files created after you run your project? Please tell us the test result first.

If possible, please share some code snippet or a sample project to help us reproduce your problem. It can help us make sure whether this problem related to your project.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 5:27 AM