Remove AD Premium Trial??? RRS feed

• Question

• It sure is easy to sign up for a trial to Azure AD Premium.   I did that and followed the directions to connect to my win2016 active directory in my Maryland office.   It synced up correctly more or less, but I can see this does not have features I need, so... I would like to do the following:

1) Disconnect my on-site server from Azure AD Premium (actually have two synced DNS servers in two locations but I don't think that matters as they are synced).   

2) Remove the Azure AD Premium Trial from my Azure account

I did not create any apps or anything that I need to keep, so no resources to worry about.  Obviously, I do not want to delete the previously existing user accounts.   

This seems awfully basic, so is this already documented somewhere? 

How do I do this?   I clicked on Support in Azure, and that said, JUST TWEET AT US, and when I tweeted, the response was to post here, so I am posting here. 

Matt Dwyer

Monday, October 15, 2018 9:58 PM

Answers

• Sorry, but I am not able to understand your 1st question as subscriptions are tied to an organization where organization represents a business entity using Microsoft Cloud offering (organization may have one or more domains).  The organization is actually a container for the subscriptions and it can have multiple subscriptions for Microsoft's Cloud Offerings.  Please refer to Subscriptions, licenses, accounts, and tenants for Microsoft's cloud offerings to get more clarity.
    You can, however, remove the subscription from your account by visiting the Azure Admin Portal with your Global admin account and from the left navigation of the Admin center home page, click on Billing, and then Subscriptions and you will be able to see your subscriptions information like below -

Click on "More Actions" from bottom right corner and you will get an option to cancel your subscription. (Check screenshot above).  Hope this helps.

Monday, October 15, 2018 11:39 PM

All replies

• Sorry, but I am not able to understand your 1st question as subscriptions are tied to an organization where organization represents a business entity using Microsoft Cloud offering (organization may have one or more domains).  The organization is actually a container for the subscriptions and it can have multiple subscriptions for Microsoft's Cloud Offerings.  Please refer to Subscriptions, licenses, accounts, and tenants for Microsoft's cloud offerings to get more clarity.
    You can, however, remove the subscription from your account by visiting the Azure Admin Portal with your Global admin account and from the left navigation of the Admin center home page, click on Billing, and then Subscriptions and you will be able to see your subscriptions information like below -

Click on "More Actions" from bottom right corner and you will get an option to cancel your subscription. (Check screenshot above).  Hope this helps.

Monday, October 15, 2018 11:39 PM
  • I was able to cancel thanks.

The first question is not that complicated.   When you install the trial it states that STEP 1 is to connect your on-premises Active Directory to Azure.   

Rephrasing - do I need to disconnect the on-premises Active Directory from Azure? 

Matt Dwyer

Tuesday, October 16, 2018 1:27 PM
  • Never mind, it was pretty straightforward to remove from the on-premises server. 

Matt Dwyer

Tuesday, October 16, 2018 6:57 PM
  • Good to hear that you are unblocked. Please let me know if you find above reply useful. If yes, do click on 'Mark as answer' link in above reply. This will help other community members facing similar query to refer to this solution. Thanks.
    Tuesday, October 16, 2018 7:01 PM