Question about Text Input Panel -> Input Area RRS feed

• Question

• By default, the Text Input Panel remembers the last used input area (keyboard / writing pad) so that when you change input area, the new area will be used next time TIP is shown.

In my app, I manually attach the TIP to a CEdit and change it's DefaultInPlaceState to Expanded but do not change the DefaultInputArea. Doing so, the TIP doesn't remember last used input area for the CEdit but remembers it in other apps (ie: WordPad).

Is it normal that by attaching the TIP to a CEdit it's normal InputArea behavior is changed?
    Do I have to manually get the CurrentInputArea on OnBlur() and set it as DefaultInputArea for next use?

Thanks

JF
    Thursday, October 25, 2007 3:20 PM

Answers

• Hi Jouvin.

I have spoken with the developers who created Input Panel and ITextInputPanel. What you have discovered is that when you use ITextInputPanel, we turn off the code that remembers the Input Panel's state. After discussing this, we have logged a bug to make InputPanel take a less aggressive action and be more aware of user-chosen state.

Your workaround will determine what the last user chose in that Edit control, but it may not be what was used last system-wide. Other than that mild conflict, it should be fine.

Thank you so much for posting this and bringing it to our attention. Your posting helps us to make our API better, smarter, and easier to use.

Sincerely,

Eliot - MSFT

Friday, November 2, 2007 5:08 PM

All replies

• Hi Jouvin.

I have spoken with the developers who created Input Panel and ITextInputPanel. What you have discovered is that when you use ITextInputPanel, we turn off the code that remembers the Input Panel's state. After discussing this, we have logged a bug to make InputPanel take a less aggressive action and be more aware of user-chosen state.

Your workaround will determine what the last user chose in that Edit control, but it may not be what was used last system-wide. Other than that mild conflict, it should be fine.

Thank you so much for posting this and bringing it to our attention. Your posting helps us to make our API better, smarter, and easier to use.

Sincerely,

Eliot - MSFT

Friday, November 2, 2007 5:08 PM
  • Thanks you for your answer, I'll now stop trying to figure out what was the problem!   ;-)

JF
    Friday, November 2, 2007 9:04 PM