none
SP Designer 2013 error -Server could not complete your request.. Could not load the type System.ServiceModel.Activation.http handler

Question

• I have been facing this issue for one windows authentication based web application. I use to update the master page a week ago and all sudden it started throwing error. I tried SharePoint web service authentications enabled web.config entries and nothing helped. Also registered the Dotnetframework 4.0 via command prompt.

Please note I do have another claims based web application on the same farm and it works very well and opens without any problem. Please advise anything. Also I have attached the error page here:

Saturday, January 14, 2017 7:05 AM

Answers

• I tried to clear cache SP designer stuffs rebooted servers etc.

The Final option was I deleted the IIS website and recreated and attached the content database. It worked again for opening the website in IIS. Hope it helps others

Thanks

• Marked as answer by ShriG Thursday, January 19, 2017 7:09 PM
    Thursday, January 19, 2017 7:01 PM

All replies

• Hi ShriG,

From your description, my understanding is that there is an error “the server could not complete your request” when you open the master page that you update a week ago.

Try to go to IIS Manager, click the web application you encounter this issue, click “Authentication” icon, disable “Windows Authentication” and re-enable it. And then reset IIS.

Try to clear SharePoint Designer cache, refer to the link below:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/33469.how-to-clear-your-sharepoint-designer-20102013-cache.aspx

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, January 16, 2017 9:57 AM
  • I tried to clear cache SP designer stuffs rebooted servers etc.

The Final option was I deleted the IIS website and recreated and attached the content database. It worked again for opening the website in IIS. Hope it helps others

Thanks

• Marked as answer by ShriG Thursday, January 19, 2017 7:09 PM
    Thursday, January 19, 2017 7:01 PM