programmatically build (or update) a xaml page with new hyperlink based on SQLite table

Question

• Hi

Can I programmatically a xaml page with a table of contents made of hyperlinks to new (also automatically produced) xaml pages?

For example a new line of data is added to a SQLite table in a database and next time I open the windows 8 store app I see a new hyperlink to that new line.

Can this be done? Specially if the new xaml page is created with new images and text?

Friday, March 20, 2015 11:30 PM

Answers

All replies

• Sunday, March 22, 2015 12:51 PM
  • Yes, it is this that I want except that I need to know what is the best way to implement a "One Way" solution.

Imagine a situation where the app is available to everyone and nobody can change the source.

Except one person with a password (for example) that goes to one different xaml to change the source...

Is this possible?

Or is it safer to allow the "Two Way" if the app is located inside a certain intranet?

(I think this last solution is better but how to implement it?)

Sunday, March 22, 2015 2:07 PM
  • And I forgot to tell you a detail:

I want to change the available data, adding new information... for example, a new employee, and his photo.

I start with 5 employees and end up with 8, for example.

Sunday, March 22, 2015 2:09 PM
  • You would need to create webservice to supply the employee data to the phones.  I would either azure mobile services or the web api.  If you include the data in a sqlite data base included with the app you would need to push an update everytime you change employees
    Sunday, March 22, 2015 2:32 PM
  • How can I make this:

If you include the data in a sqlite data base included with the app you would need to push an update everytime you change employees

?

Is there a simple sample?

Sunday, March 22, 2015 3:03 PM
  • Is there a way to only allow an insertion in the data base considering a certain location? for example, only a person at a certain IP Address ?
    Sunday, March 22, 2015 3:26 PM
  • yes you can check the ip in your web service code before you insert the record in to the database.  
    • Edited by Ken Tucker Monday, March 23, 2015 11:06 AM
    Monday, March 23, 2015 11:04 AM