none
Bing Maps V8 - Unexpected Postback with Update Panel RRS feed

• Question

• I updated from Bing Maps V7 to V8 in January. It was working just like I wanted.

I have an update panel that is supposed to refresh (just the update panel) via a timer.  The page is not ever supposed to do a postback.

The update panel has checkboxes in it that when checked display the pushpin for that item and when unchecked remove the pushpin for that item on the map. I can have any number of pushpins displayed on the map.

On March 31, 2017, I noticed that the page is posting back! The first time I click a checkbox in the update panel it displays the pushpin, but when I click it again to remove the pushpin or click another to display an additional pushpin, the page does a postback. (I noticed that if I use 'branch=frozen', the postback doesn't happen.)

Has something changed between January and the end of March that causes this postback of the page? How do I prevent the postback from happening?   

Tuesday, April 18, 2017 1:57 PM

Answers

• Evidently, 'map.entities.push(infobox);' causes problems with V8 now.  

When I completed the conversion from V7 in the beginning of February, the page worked.  I discovered at the end of March that the page was refreshing every time a checkbox on the update panel was checked or unchecked.

I fixed the problem by commenting out every instance of the statement I listed above. (There were 3 occurrences in my page.)  

• Marked as answer by Kateri1 Thursday, April 27, 2017 6:50 PM
    Thursday, April 27, 2017 6:43 PM

All replies

• Bing Maps V8 doesn't use any post backs of any sorts. The issue is in your app somewhere.

[Blog] [twitter] [LinkedIn]

Tuesday, April 18, 2017 6:22 PM
  • Evidently, 'map.entities.push(infobox);' causes problems with V8 now.  

When I completed the conversion from V7 in the beginning of February, the page worked.  I discovered at the end of March that the page was refreshing every time a checkbox on the update panel was checked or unchecked.

I fixed the problem by commenting out every instance of the statement I listed above. (There were 3 occurrences in my page.)  

• Marked as answer by Kateri1 Thursday, April 27, 2017 6:50 PM
    Thursday, April 27, 2017 6:43 PM