none
creating a setup project for a microsoft access database project RRS feed

• Question

• i tried creating a setup for microsoft access database project in visual basic .net using visual studio 2015 with updates. but on installing the project program on the development computer ,it still saved data in the database i used before i had created the setup project and not in the database found in the setup program files(created when the setup project for the project is created) and so the program does not have any connection with a database when it is installed on a target computer. could you please help me on how i can solve this problem?
    Thursday, October 4, 2018 4:43 PM

Answers

• Are you using this

https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=VisualStudioClient.MicrosoftVisualStudio2015InstallerProjects

In regards to using an old database, check your connection string to ensure you are pointing to the correct database.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

• Marked as answer by DiegoProsper Friday, October 5, 2018 2:03 PM
    Thursday, October 4, 2018 7:18 PM

All replies

• Are you using this

https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=VisualStudioClient.MicrosoftVisualStudio2015InstallerProjects

In regards to using an old database, check your connection string to ensure you are pointing to the correct database.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

• Marked as answer by DiegoProsper Friday, October 5, 2018 2:03 PM
    Thursday, October 4, 2018 7:18 PM
  • thank you for responding, i am using a Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 Installer Projects Extension which i downloaded and installed as an extension package. 

the connectionstring is pointing to the correct database however ,when the program is installed on another machine ,the connectionstring wont be valid since the user is now different

Friday, October 5, 2018 1:58 PM
  • thank you for responding, i am using a Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 Installer Projects Extension which i downloaded and installed as an extension package. 

the connectionstring is pointing to the correct database however ,when the program is installed on another machine ,the connectionstring wont be valid since the user is now different

Can you show me the connection string, this will assist with providing a solution.

VB Forums - moderator

Friday, October 5, 2018 2:13 PM