none
The Smallest Machine Requirements of CSF Installation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all.

just little question...

How many server machines to build CSF environment for trial ???

Thanks in advance,

estrella

Friday, April 4, 2008 9:57 AM

All replies

•  

just for dev or more? You could install all on just one machine (DC, SQL, SSO, BTS and CSF) although that's not recommended. I'd recommend 3 machines: one as AD Domain Controller, one hosting SQL and SSO, and the third hosting CSF (and BTS if necessary). That's also the setup used for the 120day trial VPC images (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=A2655E54-E23A-47B6-AD1A-091542BF796F&displaylang=en)

If you have more machines, I'd recommend moving Biztalk to another, if you have just two, installing SQL on the DC could be an option. Anyway it all depends what you are trying to achieve. If you also like to use this for development, install VS on the CSF machine.
    Friday, April 4, 2008 10:54 AM
  • Hi xidar

Thank you for your advising me regarding the Installation of CSF.

> just for dev or more?

I'd try to develop some services based on CSF. 

I have 2 machines just now, so  I'd adopt installing SQL on the DC as my dev environment.

----

AND

I have another small question !!!

Can I use Windows Svr 2003 Std. R2 for CSF Installation to build dev environment ??.

estrella

Sunday, April 6, 2008 11:50 PM
  •  エストレア wrote:

AND

I have another small question !!!

Can I use Windows Svr 2003 Std. R2 for CSF Installation to build dev environment ??.

are your concerns because of R2 or because of the Std Edition?

just what I know from CSF3 SP1:

•CSF 3.0 SP1 is tested to run on
    -Windows Server 2003 R2 and SP2
    -Windows Server 2003 x64 versions (Note: excludes IA64)
    •CSF 3.0 SP1 is tested to run with
    -64-bit version of SQL
    -64-bit version of AD

Although platform requirements say Windows Svr 2003 Ent, I can't see any (technical) reasons to not run on Std edition.

Tuesday, April 8, 2008 11:17 AM
  • We should be able to install it on R2 machines (CSF, OHSBE). If it doesn't work, and still report an error, you can edit the registry entry for windows product name to 'Windows Server 2003' and try the installation. Once installation is complete keep the windows product name back to 'Windows Server 2003 R2'

Thursday, June 26, 2008 12:39 AM