Cannot create a blank Windows Store app project of C# by Visual Studio 2013 Express for Windows Update 2

Question

• I tried to create a blank Windows Store app project using the C# template. Then I got the message "This editon of Visual Studio only supports Windows Store apps", and after that the process terminated with HRESULT 0x80042004 exception and the project folder was created empty. I tried other languages. With VB the project was not created, too. But with C++ and Javascript it did work sound. It looks as if there is no installed temlates for C# and VB. Can I recover from this trouble? I like to get start making Windows Store apps with C# which I am used to.
    Saturday, May 31, 2014 7:54 AM

Answers

• Hi sys23.jp,

Have you just tried to reinstall the whole product and make sure all your Windows Updates have been applied?

For Windows Updates, they are prerequisites of Visual Studio.

For reinstall, please download the ISO and use fciv.exe tool to check the ISO checksum(SHA-1) then compare with the provided code from download page. This can help make sure you are using a good installer when install.

I suspect you may haven't installed the two products successfully in this case.

Regards,

Barry Wang
    We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, June 2, 2014 6:22 AM

All replies

• Hi sys23.jp,

To cover from this trouble, I would suggest you to repair Visual Studio by using "/repair" command to see if it works fine.

I'm not knowing what's happening with your environment, but I think probably when installing the Visual Studio or its updates, some parts are not correctly installed.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

• Marked as answer by sys23.jp Monday, June 2, 2014 4:01 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by sys23.jp Monday, June 2, 2014 4:05 AM
    Monday, June 2, 2014 3:08 AM
  • Thanks James

I tryed to repair VS using Control Panel's Program and Feature. Isn't  it same as you suggest?

I couldn't get good result, I got even worse as maybe I did something wrong during strugglings.

My VS Express for Desktop apps shows nearly the same phenomena. I cannot create new WPF Windows project of C#, even I cannot load already created C# projects. But I can create new C++ projects, and can open them later again.

Monday, June 2, 2014 4:01 AM
  • Hi sys23.jp,

Have you just tried to reinstall the whole product and make sure all your Windows Updates have been applied?

For Windows Updates, they are prerequisites of Visual Studio.

For reinstall, please download the ISO and use fciv.exe tool to check the ISO checksum(SHA-1) then compare with the provided code from download page. This can help make sure you are using a good installer when install.

I suspect you may haven't installed the two products successfully in this case.

Regards,

Barry Wang
    We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, June 2, 2014 6:22 AM
  • At last I could have recovered my PC. There were many things, some of them were introduced by myself in panic; First I tried to remove both VS for Desktop and newly installed VS for Store apps, since VS for Desktop didn't work properly after the other VS installed. But removal of VS for Desktop hanged up and failed. With some reason, I had removed Help Viewer 2.1 in panic. I was almost to surrender. At last I called on a third parties system care tool. With it I cleaned up the registries, and that hitted the problem. I could have removed both VS for Desktop, and VS for Store apps. Then I runned Window Update, and reinstalled VS for Desktop successfuly! About Help Viewer, I removed all version of Help Viewers and retried VS installation. The result was fine.

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 2:33 AM