none
How to get the static glue point of a Rack Equipment shape programmatically using C# RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm  using Microsoft Visio stencils in my application and  Microsoft.Office.Interop.Visio dll to get the details of a Rack Equipment  shape  programmatically in C#.  The Rack Equipment Shape which is used in my application is inherited from Master class.

Actually, I have found out the connection points of the shape using get_CellsSRC() method, but the problem is i cant find the static glue point of a Rack Equipment shape(it doesn't have connection with other shapes), More over the value Begin Trigger is Null.  Please help me to find the static glue point of a Rack Equipment Shape.

I have used GluedShapes Method to find the shapes that are glued to a particular shape using the following code,

protected static void GetGlues(Shape shape_)
        {
             Array gluedShapes = shape_.GluedShapes(VisGluedShapesFlags.visGluedShapesAll2D, "");
        }

But  it shows error: inappropriate source object for this action.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Velumani.K

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 11:40 AM

Answers

• When working with 'server shapes' they may either be a 2D shape (where we look at the connection points) or a !D shape where you use the coordinates from the 1D end-points section. Check for object type and select appropriately.

al

If this answer solves your problem, please check Mark as Answered. If this answer helps, please click the Vote as Helpful button. Al Edlund Visio MVP

Thursday, February 14, 2013 12:46 PM

All replies

• What points are you looking for? The standard rack shapes in the 'rack mounted equipment' stencil use the connection points for connecting to components (as do most other rack shapes from other vendors that I have used). Since there is no standard mechanism for the order they are inserted into the connections section, it is up to the developer of the solution to create a method for identifying the relative position within the frame. This is because some vendor shapes also include connection points to link individual frames into rows (i.e. beyond the RU connection points).

al

If this answer solves your problem, please check Mark as Answered. If this answer helps, please click the Vote as Helpful button. Al Edlund Visio MVP

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 1:30 PM
  • Thanks for your response.

Actually, I need to find the static glue point of a visio shape(ex. Server Shape) which can able to place on rack, no need to find the glue point for rack shape.

i need to find the static glue point of the server shape alone.

Thanks,

Velumani.K

Thursday, February 14, 2013 7:11 AM
  • When working with 'server shapes' they may either be a 2D shape (where we look at the connection points) or a !D shape where you use the coordinates from the 1D end-points section. Check for object type and select appropriately.

al

Thursday, February 14, 2013 12:46 PM