Trying to setup Club starter Kit - no success for Login or Register RRS feed

• Question

• User-1821807963 posted

Hi I may have the same problem like Lars posted on http://forums.asp.net/1020719/ShowPost.aspx. My site lookes fine, but when i try to login or register, the error get downbelow. Hope some successor can help me to find it out. Thank you.

Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.]
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +684851
       System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +207
       System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Connect(Boolean& useFailoverPartner, Boolean& failoverDemandDone, String host, String failoverPartner, String protocol, SqlInternalConnectionTds connHandler, Int64 timerExpire, Boolean encrypt, Boolean integratedSecurity, SqlConnection owningObject, Boolean aliasLookup) +890
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.OpenLoginEnlist(SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance) +601
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ctor(SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SqlConnection owningObject, Boolean redirectedUserInstance) +159
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection) +108
       System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreatePooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnectionOptions options) +28
       System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.CreateObject(DbConnection owningObject) +445
       System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.UserCreateRequest(DbConnection owningObject) +66
       System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject) +304
       System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection) +85
       System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory) +105
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() +111
       System.Web.DataAccess.SqlConnectionHolder.Open(HttpContext context, Boolean revertImpersonate) +126
       System.Web.DataAccess.SqlConnectionHelper.GetConnection(String connectionString, Boolean revertImpersonation) +239
       System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider.CreateUser(String username, String password, String email, String passwordQuestion, String passwordAnswer, Boolean isApproved, Object providerUserKey, MembershipCreateStatus& status) +3566
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.CreateUserWizard.AttemptCreateUser() +256
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.CreateUserWizard.OnNextButtonClick(WizardNavigationEventArgs e) +84
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Wizard.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) +442
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.CreateUserWizard.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) +143
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.WizardChildTable.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +14
       System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +35
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e) +115
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +134
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +7
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +11
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +33
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5670

Monday, August 15, 2005 10:12 PM

All replies

• User-626128219 posted
    Hi there, this is what I did to resolve my issues:

Hi all,

I have resolved all my issues now,

First I edited the connections string in the web config file:

<connectionStrings>
      <add name="ClubSiteDB" connectionString="Data Source=LKDESKTOP;Initial Catalog=club;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=club;Password=********" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
     <remove name="LocalSqlServer"/>
     <add name="LocalSqlServer" connectionString="Data Source=LKDESKTOP;Initial Catalog=ASPNETDB;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=club;Password=*******" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />

</connectionStrings>

Where the stars is the password ( you will have to set your own ;) ) and the source is my sqlserver instance.
    After this I still got some errors when trying to access the security tab, this was connected to the provider setup - so I changed that and changed this to
    AspNetSqlProvider.

New go, but still some errors this time from sql server saying something about the rights - new research and changes.
    I opened up the enter price manager and changed the authentication from windows only to sql server and windows and voila now it works :)

Cant upload any screen shots here dont know how to do that else I would have done this.

Anyway thanks for the help.

Lars

Wednesday, August 17, 2005 5:25 AM