none
Connecting a VM running Linux to an Azure IoT Hub RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings,

as the title says I have a VM running CentOS Linux 7, and I need to connect it to an IoT HuB since I already have developed a system chaining the IoT HuB with Azure Functions.

I can guess how can I get the public/private key from Azure to execute the connection, but I do not know what to install nor what to do with the VM.

I already looked into their documentation, but I have only found IoT devices with other OS.

Thank you!

• Edited by XavoPls Thursday, July 26, 2018 8:18 AM
    Thursday, July 26, 2018 7:56 AM

All replies

• Hello XavoPls,

You can use the apt-get packages for Linux(VM) devices.Microsoft has created apt-get packages that are published on the Launchpad platform, it simpler to use the IoT Hub device SDK on Linux. Please refer to document here.

You can also use other SDKs which support on Linux, such as python, java, NodeJs

This tutorial shows how to use Azure IoT Hub portal tools and Azure CLI commands to retrieve the connection string and test device connectivity.

Best Regards,

Michael

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 27, 2018 2:55 AM