none
Why Outlook send encrypted messages more slowly RRS feed

• Question

• If I am sending a list of encrypted and signed messages, it is much more slowly to complete this job. Do outlook check the CRL of recipient's certificate. or it is difficult to find the certificate.

who know the reasons?

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 1:51 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

I'm trying to involve some senior engineers into this issue and it will take some time. Your patience will be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for any inconvenience and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, May 30, 2013 1:15 PM
  • Hello,

Please try the below steps

1) Apply latest Outlook update and test in Online & cached mode- Let us know the results. 
    2) Do we see the delay while sending digitally signed messages?
    3) Add a recipient to 'Contact' folder and try sending to that user and check the behavior.
    4) The issue occurs only while encrypting and send messages to internal users. Does it happen while sending to external users as well?

5) users certificate is published in GAL?

The sending encryption message would take time for creating hash and depends upon the message size.

Thanks

Rakesh Vijayan

MSFT

Sunday, June 2, 2013 7:59 AM
  • Thanks for your replay.

I test it for Outlook2010/2013, and update it for the latest versiton.

While sending the encrypted and signed messages(10k size) for a list of contacts(for 3-5 ones that are saved it the contacts, and each one contains the certificate), we has to wait a long time for it (one minute or more),and then it is put in the Outbox for sending out through internet.

Do Outlook will check the users certificates's URL?  What will happen if the URL is invalid. 

How to improve the efficiency for it?

Friday, June 7, 2013 1:31 AM