Extend Exception Assistant RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I would like to extend the Exception Assistant by my own hypertext link. I know I can do that using <Tip> tag with HelpID="http://xxx.yyy.zzz" attribute in it. My problem is that I need to post the exception message in that URL. Something like: http://xxx.yyy.zzz/?Divided+by+zero for Divided by zero exception. I suppose that it is not possible, so now I am thinking about <Action> tag possibilities. By default, there are two actions defined in the DefaultContent.xml file, where ActionCommand = "ViewDetail" and "AddPermission". Here comes my question: is that possible to create a custom action, which is supported by Exception Assistant, where I can reach the exception itself? If yes, please, could you share a piece of code on how to do that?

Thanks in advance.

Jerry

Thursday, March 3, 2011 11:52 AM

Answers

• Unfortunately this is not possible.  We will consider this when we do our future planning for the Visual Studio debugger though.

Thanks,

Brad Sullivan - Program Manager - Visual Studio Debugger
    • Marked as answer by jerry314 Thursday, March 3, 2011 8:59 PM
    Thursday, March 3, 2011 6:53 PM

All replies

• I'm very interested in this as well - would like to be able to pass the exception details to my own "interpreter" and use the stack trace to pattern match against frequently encountered exceptions.
    Thursday, March 3, 2011 2:47 PM
  • Unfortunately this is not possible.  We will consider this when we do our future planning for the Visual Studio debugger though.

Thanks,

Brad Sullivan - Program Manager - Visual Studio Debugger
    • Marked as answer by jerry314 Thursday, March 3, 2011 8:59 PM
    Thursday, March 3, 2011 6:53 PM
  • \o/ 

me too!

Bruno Garcia MCPD .NET Framework 2.0, 3.5 Web - MCSA Windows Server 2003

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 3:42 PM
  • Hello Brad,

I just want to ask you if there is anything new in this matter in VS2012?

TIA,
    Jerry

Monday, August 27, 2012 11:37 AM
  • Hi Brad, isthere anything new in this matter?

Jerry

Friday, February 5, 2016 1:38 PM