none
Change the orientation for page 2 and following from letter to landscape RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

there are quite some threads on this one, but I couldn't solve my problem with any of them.

I have a Visual Studio report with mixed orientation: Page one should be Letter and all following Landscape.

The orientation depends on the page size and can't be changed seperately.

So I'm searching for a way to change page size while navigating to page 2. Page 2 also may be a sub report.

Please bear in mind I'm starting new at this.

Thursday, June 14, 2012 8:29 AM

Answers

• Hi Itara,

There is no built in method to change page sizes page by page. The settings for the first page are used for subsequent pages. We do have a DCR to do this in a future release, but it is not high priority.

Brad Syputa, Microsoft Reporting Services This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties.

• Marked as answer by itara Thursday, July 26, 2012 9:35 AM
    Tuesday, June 19, 2012 12:27 AM

All replies

• Hi Itara,

There is no built in method to change page sizes page by page. The settings for the first page are used for subsequent pages. We do have a DCR to do this in a future release, but it is not high priority.

Brad Syputa, Microsoft Reporting Services This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties.

• Marked as answer by itara Thursday, July 26, 2012 9:35 AM
    Tuesday, June 19, 2012 12:27 AM
  • Thanks! One thought that comes to mind is the use of a main page with two sub reports.  The main page will have the header and two sub reports.  The first sub report would be the content of page one and have a custom expression that hides the sub report when the page number is greater than 1.  This sub report could call a custom function that would resize the page to landscape.  The second sub report will be hidden on page 1 and displayed on the remaining pages.  Same thing when sub report two prints it could call a global function that would resize the page back to portrait.

In theory, but the settings

ReportPageSettings.IsLandscape ReportPageSettings.Margins ReportPageSettings.PaperSize

somehow are write protected.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 1:32 PM