Stupid question about xsd RRS feed

• Question

• User-279335221 posted

I just took over a project for a client that's using Crystal Reports 10. I have Visual Studio 2010. The report is producing invalid data..  The Crystal Report is using a single data source named "Table" which is an xsd file with an auto generated Class. I cannot, for the life of me, figure out which stored procedure is being called for the xsd, crystal report, or auto generated class. I have looked over every line in the xsd/xml file, right-clicked everything in Dataset Viewer (no configure option).

I see only a reference to the connection string <connection> in the web config but no mention of any stored procedure name, parameters, etc anywhere.. Is there another place to look? How is the xsd getting its data?

Thursday, December 29, 2011 6:20 PM

All replies

• User522486851 posted

Did you check the location where is your crstal report loaded?

Friday, December 30, 2011 5:14 AM
  • User-279335221 posted

The Crystal Reports report is in a "Reports" folder with just some other crystal report (.rpt) files. There is the xsd file being referenced by the report in /App_Code folder. This file contains some xml about fields in a generic object named "Table" with "QueriesTableAdapter" thats as far as I can trace :(

Friday, December 30, 2011 10:36 AM
  • User-1488931086 posted

I just took over a project for a client that's using Crystal Reports 10. I have Visual Studio 2010. The report is producing invalid data..  The Crystal Report is using a single data source named "Table" which is an xsd file with an auto generated Class. I cannot, for the life of me, figure out which stored procedure is being called for the xsd, crystal report, or auto generated class. I have looked over every line in the xsd/xml file, right-clicked everything in Dataset Viewer (no configure option).

I see only a reference to the connection string <connection> in the web config but no mention of any stored procedure name, parameters, etc anywhere.. Is there another place to look? How is the xsd getting its data?

+

Hi,

Your Stored procdures are all in the database instead of in the xsd file, xsd file is only for configuration. And the calling stored procdures may be generated in the code behind instead of xsd file...

Your question seems to have something to do with Crystal Report,you can directly ask here:Crystal Reports

Friday, December 30, 2011 8:48 PM
  • User-37275327 posted

Hi

XSD file is used to designed the Report, May be report is directely connected to the datasource. Goto database expert, may be you can see the tables, sp etc. if that so your xsd file is not impoartant run the report. Please check.

-Chamila

Tuesday, January 3, 2012 4:16 AM
  • User317958953 posted

the report that we create with xsd file, it just a design and data it takes at runtime when u pass a dataset .

qry="your query here";

ds=da.executeSQL(qry)

ReportDocument doc = new ReportDocument();
    doc.Load("Path of report");
    doc.SetDataSource(ds);
    crystalReportViewer1.ReportSource = doc;
    thats it, if still have any problem u can create a test report and check
    Tuesday, January 3, 2012 11:19 PM