none
SharePoint 2013: video click link RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have inserted a video from my desktop into a SharePoint page, so NOT Embed. 

is it possible that when the user clicks on the video, that a new page gets opened? So to add a SharePoint page link to the video.

I hope this is possible.

Thanks in advance.

Friday, November 25, 2016 10:03 AM

Answers

• Ok, in this case I think that you can use a content search wep part (in your homepage) that display the available video and when you click on a video, this start immediatly.

Maybe this is more user friendly and intuitive for the user.

Giuliano De Luca - MCSD SharePoint, MCSD Web Applications, MCPS, MS. www.delucagiuliano.com Twitter: @giuleon

Friday, November 25, 2016 1:43 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Maybe I don't understand your scenario, but you can upload a video in a document library:

and display it in a classical Office 365 player:

Giuliano De Luca - MCSD SharePoint, MCSD Web Applications, MCPS, MS. www.delucagiuliano.com Twitter: @giuleon

Friday, November 25, 2016 12:39 PM
  • No that is not what I meant.

Lets say you have a home page and a added page. If you want to program something that if the user clicks on a image on the homepage and the added opens, you just select the image in Editor and grant the link of the added page to the image on the home page.

Now if the user clicks the image, he/she will be directed to your added page.

Imaging this, but instead of an image I want to use a video.

I hope you understand it.

Friday, November 25, 2016 1:12 PM
  • Ok, in this case I think that you can use a content search wep part (in your homepage) that display the available video and when you click on a video, this start immediatly.

Maybe this is more user friendly and intuitive for the user.

Friday, November 25, 2016 1:43 PM